Checklist of all the issues to check for with your new rMBP (or cMBP)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nomopah, Jul 22, 2012.

1. nomopah macrumors newbie

Hey guys, while waiting for the rMBP to arrive, I looked into all the issues people were having with their factory-fresh rMBP and cMBP. I compiled it into a checklist of things to look for when it first arrives (14 day window). Here's the list:

http://danalexander.org/2012/07/manufacturing-issues-with-the-retina-macbook-pro-mid-2012/

Also made a list of all known poor/low battery fixes (two from migration assistant, one from kindle, and the generic NVRAM reset which seemed to actually help some), and other useful info here: (battery info is under "Other Issues")

http://danalexander.org/2012/07/checklist-for-purchasing-a-retina-macbook-pro-mid-2012/

I'm copying this important one here for those that skip over it:

Aka don't just reformat into Mountain Lion when it arrives (for those that receive a rMBP before it's factory installed).

I hope you find it useful. If I missed anything let me know.

Here's 2 pics of my rMPB from iPhone 4 camera. It arrived with a huge dent on the bottom case. The screen also has a strong yellow tint. I tried Apple's Color Calibration tool a dozen times, but the color stayed yellow. Anyone know if the yellow fades over time?

Attached Files:

2. theAXEDhead macrumors member

3. nomopah thread starter macrumors newbie

Replacement rMBP

Update - Apple's sending out a replacement unit. They were very nice about everything. They couldn't give me an ETA, but now the website's displaying "Ships: 5 - 7 business days"

4. gefilte macrumors newbie

Thank you for those posts! Cool blog.
    (sorry about your troubles - I'm still waiting for my rmbp. fingers crossed.)