Cheney on Torture

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jnpy!$4g3cwk, Dec 15, 2014.

1. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

Contrast this:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/15/us/politics/cheney-senate-report-on-torture.html

To this:
    The American Presidents, Robert A. Nowlan

2. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

He's a huge pompous, sinister ass that needs a good no-**** water boarding.

3. Gutwrench macrumors 68000

Gutwrench

4. localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

Jon Stewart on Dick "The Dark Curtain from Halliburton" Cheney...

5. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Wow, that video illustrates two things: Jon Stewart is brilliant and The Dick is one sleazy former VP.

6. DonJudgeMe macrumors regular

Oh, that was supurb. Is John Stewart ever wrong? I mean, really, the man has an amazing gift for seeing thru ******** and then finding a way to make it hilarious.

7. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

If santa buried him in a coal mine it would not be as dark as that mans heart or mind.

8. xmichaelp macrumors 68000

xmichaelp

If waterboarding isn't torture then I would love to see him try it. Putting a washcloth over your face in and putting it under the shower head is bad enough for me. I can go about 3 seconds.

9. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Of course it's torture. The US government classified it as such during earlier wars.

10. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

That was different. That was when it was being done to Americans.

11. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

I imagine several forum members have been water boarded as part of our military pow training. I enjoyed it. :rolleyes:

That was used during the torture controversy as a rationalization by some politicians for why it's not torture, except what they describe as applied to training, although traumatic, is the mild version, the primary difference being the length of time being subjected to it and the volume of water. Extensive water boarding sessions can result in a variety of physiological and emotional damage. When they did it to me, although he was not identified as such, there was a doctor taking my pulse and what helped is I knew they weren't trying to hurt me even though it happened during a pow scenario.