Cheney: Russian election interference could be 'act of war'

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zin, Mar 28, 2017.

1. zin macrumors 6502

Dick Cheney is a dangerous fool, just like John McCain. You dodged a bullet by not electing his former boss' best bud. It's a shame many Democrats are now on board with the war criminal Republicans wanting to go to war with Russia.

2. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

If there was interference it could be an act of war.

3. zin thread starter macrumors 6502

If–if the Russians directed a breach against the DNC, a private entity, that is not an act of war. There was no attack on vital infrastructure and no vote tampering. Releasing genuine articles from Hillary Clinton's campaign is not an act of war, despite many Democrats insisting.

The Chinese Government verifiably directed a larger attack on a government system in 2015, compromising classified information and the personal data of millions of federal employees. Where were the Democrats and Republicans calling for war with China?

4. unlinked macrumors 6502a

America really should be more thoughtful than to declare things it does an act of war just because someone else is doing them.

5. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

War is no longer just hurling projectiles at the enemy. Perhaps a better way of phrasing this is that Russia and China normalised a new way to wage war.

6. juanm, Mar 28, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2017

juanm macrumors 65816

juanm

While I have no doubt that Putin will benefit greatly from Trump's presidency, and has certainly used every trick he had to influence the elections, Cheney is the worst person to say anything about interfering with another country and about going to war (and possibly the worst person, full stop)

7. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Many Democrats, Republicans, think tanks providing testimony to the congress, and talking heads on the news are parroting the same lines. Don't mistake this for a second as being just Cheney, the neocons retreated from view after the election but have since regrouped and are shaping the narrative continually.

Expect the uninterrupted neocon foreign policy of the USA to continue unabated for its second decade, into it's fourth presidency.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 28, 2017 ---
    No. Gaining access to a ****ing email server for a private party is not an act of WAR. This is dangerous nonsense, and the NARRATIVE is what will take us to war as unthinking (on this topic) people irrational accept it.

Seriously guys, ****ing emails are not a reason to launch munitions, ever.

8. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

It all depends on the the interference, I also didn't say we had to act on it either I just agree with Chaney that it could be seen as an act of war.

9. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

Meh. The US and the USSR meddled in almost all elections of the XX century, and pheraps of the XXI century. CIA and the KGB were sending money and political power wherever they felt necessary. Half of Europe was a political battleground for more than fifty years. The USSR always tried to meddle in the US politics, and the US always tried to meddle in USSR business (Which was difficult due to the reclusive style of politics). There is nothing new under the sun... and it's war... now?!?!

10. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

That's a complete dilution of the meaning of war, which only makes war itself more likely. This kind of rhetoric on the world stage is playing with fire. Don't become part of the masses that allow us to be taken to another disaster.

11. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

I subscribe.

12. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

If this is the case then Egypt should be declaring war on us for interfering in their elections as well. The war machine (Schumer, Fienstein, Chenney, McCain) want war with Russia. Endless war is their goal. It's ****ed up.

13. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Hell, Ukraine should be waging war on us, we literally selected their government.

14. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Correct. And can we say "Libya"? Holy SH*T SNAKCS people. All the lemmings following the DNC marching orders should be ashamed to be parroting the "Russia interfered" crap, if they have any shame. The FBI wasn't even allowed to look at the DNC servers are conduct and real forensic analysis. They had to just read a report submitted by the DNC that was conducted by a private firm hired to do the analysis. WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!!!

15. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Not to mention that firm, crowd strike, has deep ties to the NSA and CIA from it's founding members....

This narrative is deep state interests setting up the consent for what will turn in a catastrophic world war in a pathetic attempt to prop up the crumbling system of US (and US interests, meaning giant multinational corporations) hegemony over the world. That was explicit in the Senate Armed Services Committee on Dec. 6th via the testimony of one of Kagans....whom are the royal family of neoconservatism.

16. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Personally, If I was Putin I'd have done everything I could to secure a Hillary defeat. Hillary was practically shouting from the rooftops that she wanted to go to war with Russia during the debates. If I learned that Putin personally changed every vote I'd be upset but I could understand it. I wouldn't want my people going to war either and would do what I needed to do to protect them.

17. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I think Putin is smart enough to understand that the US presidency is only but an arm of American foreign policy. One which is heavily restrained by the will of the intelligence agencies, bankers, and Corporate power. These arms are now all working together in a different form (no doubt that they would have pursued the same agenda via different means under Clinton) for the same outcome that have been pushed for since even before the 1999P PNAC plan.

One would have to be an idiot to not see that the list of countries to be toppled/restrained/controlled in the PNAC plan is exactly the same as the conflicts we are currently in, with Yemen included along the way.

18. citizenzen macrumors 65816

This Dem has no desire to go to war with Russia. And I quibble with your use of "many." I'd prefer to see it quantified as a percentage and don't think that percentage would be very high.

19. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

It's not the citizen Dems that want war, it's the elected leaders continuing this reckless narrative. When John McCain and Dems sound similar on their war policy, especially in hearings, you should be terrified.

20. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Hyperbole. It's ****ed up.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 28, 2017 ---
    You and ibook are going off the deep end.

Try to calm your worst fears.

They are largely the product of your imagination.

21. NT1440, Mar 28, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2017

NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Dude, I download and LISTEN to the hearings from these committees every day. I'm listening to the primary sources actually use this type of rhetoric, not some ******** rehashing for a 4 paragraph article.

I spent an entire flight to Louisiana reading the transcript and marking up the hearing that featured the Kagans openly admitting that the TPP was merely a geopolitical tool aimed at China instead of all the BS we kept being told it was.

Go to the source if you're interested in understanding how power operates, if you rely on Candyland versions from the mouthpieces of power you're only getting the glossy version of the story.

22. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

The world is going off the deep end. And you don't seem equipped to recognize it or deal
    With it. Better put your swimmies on now.

23. Rhonindk macrumors 68020

Rhonindk

"Hi. My name is Dick Cheney and I want to throw some lantern fuel on this itty bitty fire because I like big blazes and war is the biggest!"

Dude is seriously mental and should be gagged.

24. Meister Suspended

Meister

It's war now because the globalists don't like Donnie.

25. citizenzen macrumors 65816

People have been getting doomsday predictions wrong since ... forever.

Do you really want to include yourself in that group?