Cheney Targets Iran

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MACDRIVE, Oct 20, 2007.

1. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

The Rolling Stone

What I'm wondering is: how well will Hillary protect us from Iran's wrath once Cheney and Bush are gone? :confused:

2. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

The Iranians know he is coming. But now they must ask: which form of attack should they fear?

[​IMG]

3. MACDRIVE thread starter macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

I'm thinking the Iranians are far more dangerous than al-Qaeda. They have way more money than al-Qaeda and all kinds of technical expertise. They could find a way to get inside our borders. Maybe they're already here. :eek:

4. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

It's a good thing Dick Cheney stands between them and you, then. That guy is like Rambo. Rambey...Chenbo... Ricko...?

5. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

I once made a Jack-o-lantern with an image of Cheney on it. When I woke up the day after Hallowe'en, Iran was not in my front yard.

6. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

Paranoia seems to have taken over from fear.

I'm in no way fond of Iran but the biggest threat to world peace and American security is cheney and his cabal of chickenhawks.

7. Naimfan macrumors 68040

Naimfan

There. Fixed that for you! :)

8. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

So, what are you suggesting?

9. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Whats with your paranoia regarding Iran? They're not going to attack us. End of story.

10. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

my neighborhood in los angeles swarms with Iranians!! They're good people

11. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

This article is pretty vague on the specifics, but I think the real message here is that a "good cop/bad cop" technique is being employed against Iran. The problem is, even as convincing a bad cop as Cheney probably won't persuade many in the Iranian power structure that the US could seriously afford a real war against Iran, with all the mayhem it would unleash in the Middle East and ultimately world-wide.

12. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

I guess threatening one of our biggest allies and further destabilizing the Middle East isn't enough, eh?

13. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

That's funny seeing as you're busy defending an administration that has alienated our allies and destablilized the Middle East quite a bit on its own.

14. pdham macrumors member

I am pretty sure the debacle that is Iraq has done far more destabilizing of the Middle East... so maybe we are the threat to their security. Nah that can't be it; it must be the brown people with hard to pronounce last names :rolleyes:

15. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

The Israelis still like us. :)

16. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

How many troops did they send to Iraq to assist us?

17. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

It's always body count with you guys isn't it?

18. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Who's "you guys" and why didn't you answer the question?

19. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

So that's one tiny little country in the middle east that likes us. Whoop dee doo :rolleyes:

20. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Iran is threatening Canada?? ;)

21. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

I think the real message is that your fool of a President is subverting your Constitution by delegating far too much responsibility for foreign affairs to your lunatic of a Vice President.

22. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

Do I really need to explain why the number is likely zero? Kind of falls into the same category as inflaming the Turks over a 100 year old issue.

I guess if they sent 1,000 Hasidic jews into Muslim Iraq that would have gone over real well with everyone.

Think, man. Think.

23. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Actually, the Constitution doesn't address how much responsibility a president can delegate to a vice president.

24. MACDRIVE thread starter macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

General Petraeus says that Iran is directly responsible for killing American soldiers by providing shipments of Explosive Formed Penetrators to the insurgents. I've never believed everything this administration has said, but I tend to listen carefully to the Generals.

I can understand the Iraqis being mad at us, but I still haven't figured out why Iran is fighting us in Iraq; why don't they just mind their own business? What did we ever do to them? :confused:

25. j26 macrumors 65832

j26

Umm... The US support Iraq in a war against them that cost about a million lives?
    The US tells them they're next to be attacked? (They are part of the 'Axis of Evil' after all)
    The US is threatening them over their nuclear programme?

Plus it is their business. Iraq is a next door neighbour. The US is p***ing in their patch - war has a destabilising effect even on non-participant neighbours.

The real question is what I still can't figure out is why the US is fighting in Iraq, why don't they just mind their own business?

Edit: The US is directly responsible for the death of British soldiers in Northern Ireland through donations of money and arms by US citizens to the IRA, which the US government never tried to clamp down on. Should Britain bomb Florida in revenge for this?