Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bluehemisphere

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 26, 2014
Hello there,

I am wondering if anyone can help me reconfigure things so that my childrens' Screen Time requests only pop up on particular devices in my family's collection. We have multiple Apple devices including phones, iPads and macbooks.

Recently it seems that my children send a request and it goes un-noticed because it ISN'T showing up on my phone or my wife's phone when i'm at work. I later come home and the request notifications seem to have appeared on my Macbook only.

How do I choose which devices the requests are pushed to? Is this discrimination even possible?

Hope y'all understand my predicament.
Thanks in advance for any answers.

Love and hugs,

Jonathan

mrwfive

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2008
I think I finally found the answer here.

Why would screen time requests go to some devices, and not others? Because the screen time requests are going specifically to my "@me.com" email address, and not to the "@iCloud.com" version.

On most of my devices, I have configured Messages settings to not receive messages at my "@me.com" address. Instead, I configured Messages only to receive messages at my phone number, and at my "@iCloud.com" address.

But on one device, I apparently forgot to update my settings, and so I was still receiving at "@me.com". And on this one device, I was receiving Screen Time requests.

Now I have updated all of my devices to receive at "@me.com", and I receive Screen Time requests successfully on all devices.

I hope this helps. I am not happy that Apple has for some reason built this feature to send only to my "@me.com", but at least I know why this is happening.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.