China is no longer a currency manipulator

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Solomani, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Solomani macrumors 68040

Solomani

2. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Obama never delivered hope and change, Trump isn't going to make America great again. You should be used to this by now.

3. Solomani thread starter macrumors 68040

Solomani

I didn't vote for either one. I actually voted for candidates they defeated.

But I wouldn't be surprised if you attended the MAGA rallies at 5 in the morning, and bought the lies hook line and sinker.

4. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Yeh except the part where I didn't even vote in the US election. I have to admit, the entertainment factor from US politics is amazing.

5. Solomani thread starter macrumors 68040

Solomani

It sure is! We have a Clown President that is absolutely loved by the Russians, right-wing American nationalists, Klansmen, German populists, Brexiters, and maybe 2 Canadians. It's really a weird situation.

6. jpietrzak8 macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

More new revelations from the School of Trump: The term "currency manipulation" has absolutely nothing to do with, you know, manipulating currency. Instead, it has everything to do with whether you are doing what Trump tells you to do. In a tweet from this morning:

Why would I call China a currency manipulator when they are working with us on the North Korean problem? We will see what happens!​

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump...8?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

As usual, in TrumpWorld, words mean whatever he wants them to mean. If China doesn't do something about North Korea, I would assume that they will once again be branded a currency manipulator. Or whatever insulting term Trump can think up on the spot, "currency manipulator" probably has a few too many syllables for him to manage.

7. yaxomoxay macrumors 68020

yaxomoxay

Interesting indeed.
    Again, this tells me that they reached a very impressive agreement. The Mar-a-Lago meeting was probably historical in nature. Let's see how it plays out.

8. citizenzen macrumors 65816

o_O Funny. It tells me that trump is impulsive and wildly inconsistent.

Let's see how it plays out.

9. jpietrzak8 macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

Well, at least you can see a silver lining here. :) I hope you're right. It would mean that Trump winning by spouting outright lies and bullying China into doing our bidding; I really don't see China as being so amateurish at this game as to buckle under without some serious consideration from our side, but we'll see...

10. citizenzen macrumors 65816

China's just sitting there, playing the long game, watching trump run around like an out-of-control pomeranian.

[​IMG]

11. yaxomoxay macrumors 68020

yaxomoxay

Well, it's just speculation of course. My impression is that China is leading Trump in this. They are far wiser than the US.