China riot= Will it affect iPhone 5 supply?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DBZmusicboy01, Sep 23, 2012.

1. DBZmusicboy01 macrumors 6502a

I hope not....I hope apple pays those poor people more money
    I mean think about it
    they are working over 16 hours and are paid so so little
    Because of they being so exhausted that is why many iPhone 5's are having problems with the display or scuffs because apple wants to be greedy and cause all this mess and just like with Apple maps...because they don't want to be with google they make a horrible app and same with they suing Samsung because they are jealous of the S3...but yes the iPhone 5 is an awesome phone but for Apple being an almost trillion dollar company they are sure very selfish... This is the truth.

2. Big.Mac.Daddy macrumors 6502a

Who cares? I already got mine!

[​IMG]

3. fins831 macrumors 6502a

China censors the press, and their online social media groups...they have an army of police there already....

Lets be honest, this is communist China, not democratic America where you can break a law and have the police turn the other cheek....this will not affect anything, only thing that will would be a natural disaster.

China doesn't mess around.

4. Iphone 2.2 macrumors member

lol

5. Spectrum Abuser macrumors 65816

Spectrum Abuser

The shortage will only last as long as it takes for the Chinese authority to 'evacuate' any protestors.

6. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

There's already another 2 page thread about this here.

7. MacGurl111 macrumors 65816

MacGurl111

I agree wholeheartedly.. maybe because I'm from Asia as well. Seeing how hard they work breaks my heart.

8. darster Suspended

Considering the plant makes back plates, and it's not the assembly plant, it probably will not cause any issues in the short term. They probably have millions produced. If it was at the assembly plant, then you might have considerable delays.

9. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

I don't think the problem is pay, while it may seem so little to us, to them it's a very decent wage. The problem is the working conditions and the long hours. Also, Foxconn is the one responsible here, not apple. You can argue apple is contributing to the problem by continuing to use their services, but they are not the only ones.

10. darster Suspended

When you have guard towers at your place of work, you realize it's not a place of employment, but a labor camp.

11. flameproof macrumors 6502a

flameproof

A few errors. Nobody works 16 hours a day in those factories, because:

China has very strict labor law that governs overtime (new labor laws of 2008)
    Small factories can maybe cheat, large ones can't. They are too much in focus.
    Foxconn pays OVER the market average, not 'little' at all.

12. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Oh, we are supposed to join EXISTING conversations and not start our own self serving message threads? Or actually READ what else was just posted?

13. JS82712 macrumors 6502a

JS82712

I dont care what happens there, as long as I get my phone.

14. duneriderltr450 macrumors 6502

duneriderltr450

^This.

15. Big.Mac.Daddy macrumors 6502a

Well... I'd rather be at a labor camp than here:
    [​IMG]

So please people... a little perspective on what crimes against humanity we should be focusing on :rolleyes:

Starving children >>> Workers who have high paying jobs for their country with shelter, clean food, water, and air conditioning.

16. darster Suspended

Just because you have a high paying job for "your country" doesn't mean it's a high paying job when it's still low compared to the rest of the developed world. And yes, China is a developed nation with a higher percentage of college educated people than the US. Food isn't cheaper there. Fuel isn't cheaper there. Cars are not cheaper there. iPhones are not cheaper there. It's a global market. It just means you are poor, not dirt poor. And educated people figure out quite quickly, being poor is not acceptable.

17. Big.Mac.Daddy macrumors 6502a

You're not seriously trying to argue that starving children in the world shouldn't be the #1 priority over ANYTHING else :confused::mad::(

I get that Foxconn workers are not in the best situation by any means, but at least they are not starving to death. Two TOTALLY separate levels of priority to deal with.