Chinese Anchor Baby Mansion in California

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by likemyorbs, Dec 4, 2012.

1. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

This is crazy, I hope something is done soon to stop this. These women are blatantly lying to US customs officers to get visas and having their babies here just to leech off of us. They don't even try to hide it! Ridiculous....
    Link

The 14th amendment is in desperate need of a revision. Citizenship should only be granted to children of naturalized citizens.

2. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Birth tourism has been going on for a long time now. Just check out this thread from 2010.

3. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

One of the things we need to do as part of larger immigration reform is make it so that to get citizenship a kid has to have at least one of its parents with either US citizenship or permanent residence. As it is I don't see anything illegal about this.

4. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

I'm not sure how they've been able to avoid prosecution.

5. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

Whenever I see a headline like this, I have to ask myself, "I wonder if it would be worded this way if it were a German, British, or Canadian Anchor Baby Mansion?" I can see the headline now. Canadian Anchor Baby Mansion discovered in Chino Hills!! :rolleyes:

In any case, it is interesting that middle class Chinese consider U.S. citizenship to be a worthwhile investment that might pay off someday.

6. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

You would probably be reading The Onion. :p

7. 725032 Guest

Legally I dont really see the problem with this... They're american babies after all by birth place.

Unless they change the law there's nothing that can be done

8. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Lieing to customs officials to gain entry to a country might break some laws.

9. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Maybe a vaginal ultrasound is called for here?

Lord knows that some wish to use them on your own citizens, against their will.

10. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

Lying to gain entry into the US is a deportable offense, however they will never be prosecuted.