Chinese Food is the Best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daveway

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 10, 2004
New Orleans / Lafayette, La
Who else here loves Chinese food? It's the only cuisine you can buy cheap and still have something that tastes good. Not many bachelors have a fridge without takeout containers.
My friends and I ordered some last night and as predicted, we had left overs.
HongKong Chow Mein, S&S Chicken, Lemon Beef, and rice (all white meat). $20 :)

Attachments

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
ate at a really good place this past weekend actually called Big Bowl, its a bit more upscale and pricey seeing that its right off of Michigan Ave here, but it was some of the best food i have had in a while, might not be the best food ever, but its up there

Daveway

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 10, 2004
PlaceofDis said:
ate at a really good place this past weekend actually called Big Bowl, its a bit more upscale and pricey seeing that its right off of Michigan Ave here, but it was some of the best food i have had in a while, might not be the best food ever, but its up there
...Big Bowl...did the serve soup? :D

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
Daveway said:
...Big Bowl...did the serve soup? :D

haha, could of ordered it, but they do serve their dishes in a huge bowl, i would say approx. 12" wide depending on the dish. i had Sweet and Sour chicken (never had pineapple in the sauce before, but was delicious) and my gf had Kung Pow Chicken which was also very mouth watering, i will probably be going back there again sometime soon...

btw, that bowl includes the rice, veggies, and main dish all in one....

edit: here is a link to their site: http://www.bigbowl.com/index.htm

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Those little paper boxes also turn out to become some of the best sources for future science experiments around. ;)

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
The best thing about Chinese food: You can get a few entrees and pass everything around for a group of people, whether you are eating out or having take-out. Everyone gets some of everything. Somehow, other types of food never seem as amenable to the group-eat system.

Eight of us ate at a Chinese restaurant yesterday and that's what we did. Yummmm.

atari1356

macrumors 68000
Feb 27, 2004
When it comes to Asian food, Chinese is generally my third choice... first comes Thai, then Vietnamese. It's all good though. :D

Mav451

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2003
Maryland
atari1356 said:
When it comes to Asian food, Chinese is generally my third choice... first comes Thai, then Vietnamese. It's all good though. :D
Hrmm, I've never had Thai. Around North Potomac, its mostly Chinese anyway (some decent, some Americanized but overall still good); don't know many of the Vietnamese places to be honest--all I've had is pho -_-

But yeah, you have sit-down or dim-sum (e.g. New Fortune), heck you even got a Cantonese place down in Wheaton.

So yeah, by choice Chinese is easily #1.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
atari1356 said:
I'm sorry, but your opinion is wrong. The correct order is Japanese, Thai, Chinese. We eat all three out, we bring all three home, and we make all three ourselves, so we must know best! :)

Dros

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2003
How about Korean bulgogi? I'd put that against a dan dan mein, or a pho, for a simple, tasty meal. It would be a close decision, though.

Daveway

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 10, 2004
Doctor Q said:
I'm sorry, but your opinion is wrong. The correct order is Japanese, Thai, Chinese. We eat all three out, we bring all three home, and we make all three ourselves, so we must know best! :)
Doctor Q is now our in-house Asian foods expert. :D

G5orbust

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2002
Im a big fan. I eat it at least once a week from one of the array of fine restaurant establishments around my part of town.

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
Another fan here. Beef lo mein and egg drop soup are my main frequencies. I love the occasional dumplings as well. But careful where you get those - some places make really BAD dumplings...

barneygumble

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2005
you bugger, now i am going to have chinese for dinner, chicker sezhaun(spelling???), and possibly some dim sims, and flied lice :D

Leareth

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2004
Vancouver
I live in Vancouver...
best food from around the world...
chinese one day , east indian the next anything you please...
sushi is great here too.
just too many bloody starbucks everywhere... I have one right out my back door... bad...there are six coffee shop in a 50 foot radius of my house.

Status
Not open for further replies.