Chinese millionaires on international real estate buying sprees via bus tours...

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Unspeaked, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Unspeaked macrumors 68020

Unspeaked

A new phenomenon: organized bus tours of international cities (though usually the United States) taking Chinese millionaires from city to city on real estate shopping sprees...

LINK

2. marriosuffy macrumors newbie

What is the difference between a Real Estate associate and a broker?
    I was looking into obtaining a real estate lisence in Florida. Where are some good websites or places to get my license? And what is the difference in a real estate associate and a broker? Which license should i go for? Any tips for me that would be helpful

3. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

This sort of reminds me of those old stories of the Japanese buying up American property and companies. Interesting to see what'll happen 20 years from now.

4. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    In the UK it's the Russians that have been buying up our prime property.. foreigners or not, it still brings money to the country.. totally fair play in my book.. they made their greens, now they can spend it where they like :)

5. sigo macrumors newbie

My wife is both real estate associate and broker in California, difference is with broker you can open your own real estate company (hire agents under you, and get portion of commission from each agent's sale without doing anything, but has liability/legal issue if arise), where as associate you have to work for someone else. There are alot of places to get license, wifey self-studied, you can study through books or go to those 2-3 days class.

6. thunderweb macrumors 6502

thunderweb

A Real Estate associate is another name for Principal Broker. My Dad owns his own Real Estate firm and is a Principal Broker. My Mom works with him as a licensed Broker and he gets a percentage commission of everything she sells.

7. 63dot macrumors 603

63dot

The Japanese bought too much, got overextended, and contributed to Japan's major recession.

This can happen to China, too.

If any country, or person for that matter, has extra money, then diversify. Real estate once was deemed safe and too many people put too much real estate into their arsenal. Bad move. Bernie Madoff and countless people like him. AIG and countless other organizations like them. The rest is history.

8. gaming4fun macrumors newbie

Great info! I have been buying gold and silver as part of my diversification.

9. Rickie macrumors newbie

Hi,

With real estate prices in some countries soaring, and first time buyers struggling to get onto the first rung of the real estate ladder, many people are looking further a field for investment property opportunities.