Chipped chamfer/dust under screen/mark on back of new iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tom619, Feb 13, 2013.

1. tom619 macrumors member

Hi everyone

I just bought a sealed iphone 5 32gb here in the uk albeit from a friend (unwanted upgrade) and immediately noticed a slight chip to chamfer above the earpiece, a tiny piece of dust under the screen near the homebutton and a strange mark looks like 3 dots on the back of the bottom of the phone not on the shiny part on the matte part.

Question is can I go to the apple store and ask for a new one? I've taken the factory protectors off as I was preparing to put new ones on when I spotted the above.

2. Brian Y macrumors 68040

You can try, but it depends when he bought it. If it's been 2-3 weeks, they probably wont.

3. HiddenPuppy macrumors 6502

HiddenPuppy

It won't cost you anything to ask. Just be nice and explain what happened and you never know, maybe you will get a person who will appreciate your situation and help you. You have nothing to lose

4. tom619 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks I'll book an appointment and see what happens!

5. pnoyblazed macrumors 6502a

keep us posted.. some pics would be nice too

6. tom619 thread starter macrumors member

I would take pics but my only camera is the iphone :)

I'm going on saturday to the west quay store in southampton and i'll be sure to keep everyone posted.

I would think that regardless of the chip to the chamfer, that I have an argument in there being dust under the screen no matter how small.