Chocolate Cake and Cruise Missiles

jpietrzak8

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 16, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
Can this man sink any lower? :( In an interview on Fox:

Donald Trump informed the Chinese president that he had launched missile strikes on Syria as the pair ate “the most beautiful piece of chocolate cake that you have ever seen”, the US president has claimed.

"And I said: ‘Mr President, let me explain something to you … we’ve just launched 59 missiles, heading to Iraq [sic] … heading toward Syria and I want you to know that.’ "​

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/apr/12/trump-xi-jinping-chocolate-cake-syria-strikes

MadeTheSwitch

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2009
I want to see this cake.
I want to see the city or base in Iraq that he thought he was bombing. Just once I wish a reporter would take out a map and ask him to point to the spots he is talking about. I bet he couldn't even do it.

Bombing Iraq? It flies under the radar because he has so many moments like this, but it's like saying what is Aleppo. He doesn't even know where these places are, who the people are, or the history of these regions. He is an uneducated idiot who is literally learning on the job before our eyes.

It's rather shocking really.

vrDrew

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2010
Midlife, Midwest
If Donald Trump knew the first thing about history, he would know that cake isn't the food item to joke about when the people are growing restless.

* ps: The attribution of the phrase "Let them eat cake" to Marie Antoinette is most probably apocryphal. But since that is a word considerably advanced from Donald Trumps' vocabulary and reading level, I'm not going worry too much about it.

daflake

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2008
Hey, I like eating chocolate cake while i play with my cruise missile. Just sayin...

Arran

macrumors 601
Mar 7, 2008
Atlanta, USA
Can this man sink any lower? :( In an interview on Fox:

Donald Trump informed the Chinese president that he had launched missile strikes on Syria as the pair ate “the most beautiful piece of chocolate cake that you have ever seen”, the US president has claimed.

"And I said: ‘Mr President, let me explain something to you … we’ve just launched 59 missiles, heading to Iraq [sic] … heading toward Syria and I want you to know that.’ "​

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/apr/12/trump-xi-jinping-chocolate-cake-syria-strikes
I watched the Fox interview. It was disgusting.

Donald bragged that he was dreamily admiring his cake while simultaneously giving a command to launch missiles. Missiles that would undoubtetly kill human beings on the other side of the world before he'd finished shoveling said cake into his great big braggart's mouth. Mr Big Shot.

And he seemed to be doing it just to impress the president of China - his dinner guest.

Donald's a sick guy. And the fox interviewer who fawned over him as he recounted his brave story is just as sick.

Zombie Acorn

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
I watched the Fox interview. It was disgusting.

Donald bragged that he was dreamily admiring his cake while simultaneously giving a command to launch missiles. Missiles that would undoubtetly kill human beings on the other side of the world before he'd finished shoveling said cake into his great big braggart's mouth. Mr Big Shot.

And he seemed to be doing it just to impress the president of China - his dinner guest.

Donald's a sick guy. And the fox interviewer who fawned over him as he recounted his brave story is just as sick.
Kill people who just flew missions to drop chemical weapons on children. Following orders doesn't exempt you from committing war crimes. I'd have a bite of cake to their deaths as well.

HEK

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2013
US Eastern time zone
Kill people who just flew missions to drop chemical weapons on children. Following orders doesn't exempt you from committing war crimes. I'd have a bite of cake to their deaths as well.
You might, I might, so-called president might, but the optic is NOT presidential. Not by a long shot. This is not some deal where he screwed over some contractor and gloats about it. This is killing people and spending 90 million taxpayer dollars doing so.

This is stuff two bit dictators do. I'm ashamed to be an American represented by such a buffoon.

Wonder what he will be eating when he starts WWIII ?

zin

macrumors 6502
May 5, 2010
United Kingdom
I'm not getting it. What should I be outraged at? I personally don't eat chocolate, but I won't criticise Trump for enjoying it.

HEK

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2013
US Eastern time zone
I'm not getting it. What should I be outraged at? I personally don't eat chocolate, but I won't criticise Trump for enjoying it.
Dah.... the poor optics of gloating how you are killing people while stuffing face with chocolate cake. Remember someone else got their head lopped off for mentioning cake.

This isn't some school yard one upsmanship contest. I would have said d*** contest, but we know he wouldn't win that one.......small hands.

See how acting like a buffoon brings out the non presidential responses.

Last edited: