Chomping at the bit to unlock in June - but have questions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by silroc, May 25, 2012.

1. silroc macrumors 6502

silroc

I am ip4 owner, subsidized purchase June 2010, tried and failed for unlock since I am still under contract. So another month now an I should be good. Questions

1. I am in Canada alot for work now and assume I can purchase some sort of prepaid sim once I am in Canada? Where can I buy one? I see none in the airport.

2. Let's assume I do find a sim to buy, my phone number changes to the new sim #?

3. Can I forward my cell # to my new # (assuming I get a new #)?

Thanks!!!

2. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

1) I bought one on eBay - I live in the UK, and even with the huge distance between here and Canada, it only took three days for the SIM to arrive with standard international postage. I'd imagine it would be just as prompt getting to the US. Just search eBay for "Rogers Prepaid SIM", "Bell Prepaid SIM" or "Telus Prepaid SIM".

2) The SIM will have it's own Canadian number.

3) You could forward voice calls from your existing, AT&T USA number, but you would be charged the standard rate for a call to a Canadian cell phone (perhaps coming out of your allowance if that's applicable) for each minute that a call was diverted. Text messages cannot be diverted.

3. silroc thread starter macrumors 6502

silroc

Excellent- thank you very much mate!

4. LapsangSouchong macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

Get a rogers prepaid sim. But if you can, get it at rogers. The ones you get at 7-11 aren't as good of a deal. You can do pretty well on pre-pay with a rogers reseller.

5. beret9987 macrumors regular

Rogers is expensive IMO. I usually use a Telus SIM when I'm in Canada. Why pay Rogers $25 for 500MB when you can get 1GB for $30?

6. LapsangSouchong macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

Telus is good. I don't have a lot of luck finding a telus store on every corner (like Rogers does) and don't always have a car when I'm there. But yeah, Telus is good.