Choose iPhone 5c or 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BJonson, Aug 8, 2013.

1. BJonson, Aug 8, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2013

BJonson macrumors 6502a

BJonson

If the iPhone 5c was exactly the same as the iPhone 5 mechanically and you were going to purchase a new phone would you get the aluminum 5 or the plastic and colored 5c and why?

Personally I would like the plastic 5c as the aluminum on my wife's old iphone 5 has seriously been banged up around the edges with little pits. She even had a case on it. Plastic seems a much better idea as it's lighter, less prone to dents and damage and comes in cool colors. What do you think? 5c or 5?

(MODS can you make this a poll? iPhone 5 or 5c? Thanks.)

2. cynics macrumors G3

5C. Seems more durable. I wrap a plastic case around it anyway. Plus if its cheaper? That's a no brainer for me.

However I plan on getting the top of the line new iPhone assuming its better then the 5/5C in ways that benefit me.

3. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

Well if the internals were exactly the same, I'd go for the 5C -- because it would be cheaper than the 5. :D

4. R.Stoychev macrumors 6502a

R.Stoychev

It really depends on the price of the 5c and its specs :) personally I would prefer the 5 with its aluminum :D

5. Poly macrumors 6502

same here (currently have a 4S)

6. 617aircav Suspended

How do you know?

7. moldy lunchbox macrumors 6502a

moldy lunchbox

I'll let you know....when it comes out -____-

8. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

My speculation is that it will have the same CPU has the 4S and the iPod Touch 5th gen.

9. srsub3 macrumors 6502

srsub3

same specs? plastic for sure! there will not be any scuff or bendgate!!!

10. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

Let me just highlight the important part of what I said. "Well if the internals were exactly the same, I'd go for the 5C -- because it would be cheaper than the 5."

Unless, of course, you're suggesting that Apple will have the 5 and the 5C on the market; both with identical internals, and both are exactly the same price. Only difference is, one's made of aluminium and the other's made of plastic.

So the reason I 'know' is because it's logical to assume that Apple would never do this. And if they were to release the 5C, it'd more likely have less functionality than the 5.

Unless of course, the 5C becomes their flagship model, whilst the aluminium models are confined to the hands of mere peasants :rolleyes:

11. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

In other words you want a plastic iPhone 5. Fair enough.

12. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

Id get the 5. I personally dont like my electronics to be plastic :[

Why is 5S not an option?

13. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

I prefer the uniformity of the iPhone 5C more. If its released unlocked for a reasonable price and with similar specs to the 5, and the 5S specs are nothing to write home about, I'll sell my currently unlocked 5 (probably at a profit) and buy it unlocked.

14. Commy1 macrumors 6502a

Commy1

If I had no preference of either a plastic phone chassis or otherwise then I probably would have gone with Samsung. Something I deeply admire in Apple products is their choice of materials and anodized aluminum is pretty damn sexy.
    I will continue to buy the top of the line mobile products until either aluminum becomes too expensive or the plastic ones start looking nicer.

15. nilzi macrumors regular

Of course iPhone 5S, as iPhone 5S is a successor while iPhone 5C is a bastard for poor countries.