Chris Christie: A Real Piece of ****

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Mac'nCheese, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

2. alex2792 macrumors 6502a

He's not running for reelection so he doesn't give a ****. I like how his spokesman clarified that he didn't get any sun, because he was wearing a hat. First class troll job.

3. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

How is that a lie ? They can run for governor :D.

I'm not sure if I would want to swim at a NJ beach :).

4. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

He's done, he knows it, that's his he does not give a damn moment.

As far as closed beaches, do they just close a gate on the road, if people can still get onto those beaches and if they are actively patrolled?

5. HEK Suspended

HEK

Looks like the cops, locally funded by taxpayers are keeping people out. Course what could one cop do if thousands of beach goers appeared all of a sudden.

6. samcraig macrumors P6

Christie wants to be Trump. And they should really get along well given that neither one of them really cares about the people they serve.

7. D.T. macrumors 604

D.T.

8. alex2792 macrumors 6502a

No politician cares about the people they serve since their job is to serve big donors, not the people.

9. samcraig macrumors P6

Sorry - their job is what?

I'm not saying what they actually do. I am speaking as to what their job is. And their job is not to serve their donors.

10. alex2792 macrumors 6502a

See, that's what they want you to think, don't fall for their BS.

11. samcraig macrumors P6

Excuse me. Please clarify. Are you saying that it is not the job of elected officials to work for the citizens of this country?

12. alex2792 macrumors 6502a

Of course they're not, they work for big business and deep pocketed special interest groups. The government works to cater to the needs of 0.1% made up of billionaires and fortune 500 CEOs.

13. samcraig macrumors P6

I see. You're playing the snarky card. Got it. I read you literally but clearly you're trying to be clever.

14. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

Chris Christie owns a beach house. If NJ is anything like RI where my parents have a home, there are town, state, and private beach. Even if you own part of the beach, you only own up to the high tide mark.

Really not a very nice thing to do though.

15. samcraig macrumors P6

No. It's not. Especially since Christie doesn't OWN the house. He has USE of the house because he's governor. He's a thug.

16. dogslobber macrumors 68020

dogslobber

His apparent contempt for the people of NJ should be a good grounding to the attitude that Reality TV President will start to adopt when he is about to get booted out. The stuff he's up to just now isn't even the warm up act, folks.

17. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I like the Trentonian's cover in response:

IMG_3723.JPG

18. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I used to think he would have made a good GOP nominee this last cycle. This only reinforces how lucky we are he didn't get that far. Although I'm not sure that we did any better...

19. Herdfan macrumors 6502

Optics on this are horrible. He needs to go sooner than later.

20. fitshaced macrumors 68000

fitshaced

The GOP really had a lineup of buffoons and tossers in the last election. Throw enough muck, I guess.

21. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

The only good thing to come out of Jersey these days is pizza and a veal parm hero.

22. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

This was a dickish move by him, no doubt. But, any guy that can get public unions as riled up as him deserves some credit for being brash. I love that about him. Anyone that stands up to that racket and taxpayer abuse gets a nod from me.

23. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Because union-bashing has led to such an increase in the quality of life in the US...

Good luck trying to find people wanting to work as teachers, emergency services, administrators, etc. if you want to pay them poverty wages, don't recognise productive increases as one would in the private sector, and constantly deprive public sector workers of the resources to do their jobs properly. Of course one could privatise public services and it would work as efficiently as US health care ... oh, wait ....

24. someoldguy macrumors 65816

Hey .... Wait !!!! You can get good kielbasa ,too ! Just gotta know where to look.

25. vrDrew macrumors 65816

I don't want to say I sympathize with Christie. But at this stage, I think it's fair to say that he's probably stopped caring. And maybe understandably so.

Christie was an example of what I'd call the "last-best hope" for the Republican Party. He racked up a pretty good record as far as running an urban, eastern politically liberal state. He worked with President Obama in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy.

And then the wheels came off. Part of it was the Bridge-Closing Scandal. But part of it was he found himself toxic in the eyes of many national Republicans for simply having spoken with President Obama. So he found himself falling between two stools.

His treatment in the 2016 Election and the Trump team was sickening. He took heat for aligning himself with Trump, and Trump promptly repaid him by throwing him under the bus. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Yeah: Its bad optics for him to use the Governor's Beach House when the State Park Beaches are closed. But at this point, like the Honey Badger, he just don't give a ****.