Chris Christie: A Real Piece of ****

Huntn

macrumors demi-god
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
He's done, he knows it, that's his he does not give a damn moment.

As far as closed beaches, do they just close a gate on the road, if people can still get onto those beaches and if they are actively patrolled?

HEK

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2013
US Eastern time zone
Looks like the cops, locally funded by taxpayers are keeping people out. Course what could one cop do if thousands of beach goers appeared all of a sudden.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
Christie wants to be Trump. And they should really get along well given that neither one of them really cares about the people they serve.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
No politician cares about the people they serve since their job is to serve big donors, not the people.
Sorry - their job is what?

I'm not saying what they actually do. I am speaking as to what their job is. And their job is not to serve their donors.

alex2792

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2009
Excuse me. Please clarify. Are you saying that elected officials are not working for the citizens of this country?
Of course they're not, they work for big business and deep pocketed special interest groups. The government works to cater to the needs of 0.1% made up of billionaires and fortune 500 CEOs.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
Of course they're not, they work for big business and deep pocketed special interest groups. The government works to cater to the needs of 0.1% made up of billionaires and fortune 500 CEOs.
I see. You're playing the snarky card. Got it. I read you literally but clearly you're trying to be clever.

A.Goldberg

macrumors 68020
Jan 31, 2015
Boston
Chris Christie owns a beach house. If NJ is anything like RI where my parents have a home, there are town, state, and private beach. Even if you own part of the beach, you only own up to the high tide mark.

Really not a very nice thing to do though.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
Chris Christie owns a beach house. If NJ is anything like RI where my parents have a home, there are town, state, and private beach. Even if you own part of the beach, you only own up to the high tide mark.

Really not a very nice thing to do though.
No. It's not. Especially since Christie doesn't OWN the house. He has USE of the house because he's governor. He's a thug.

fitshaced

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2011
The GOP really had a lineup of buffoons and tossers in the last election. Throw enough muck, I guess.

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
The only good thing to come out of Jersey these days is pizza and a veal parm hero.

s2mikey

macrumors 68020
Sep 23, 2013
Upstate, NY
This was a dickish move by him, no doubt. But, any guy that can get public unions as riled up as him deserves some credit for being brash. I love that about him. Anyone that stands up to that racket and taxpayer abuse gets a nod from me.

VulchR

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2009
Scotland
This was a dickish move by him, no doubt. But, any guy that can get public unions as riled up as him deserves some credit for being brash. I love that about him. Anyone that stands up to that racket and taxpayer abuse gets a nod from me.
Because union-bashing has led to such an increase in the quality of life in the US...

Good luck trying to find people wanting to work as teachers, emergency services, administrators, etc. if you want to pay them poverty wages, don't recognise productive increases as one would in the private sector, and constantly deprive public sector workers of the resources to do their jobs properly. Of course one could privatise public services and it would work as efficiently as US health care ... oh, wait ....

vrDrew

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2010
Midlife, Midwest
I don't want to say I sympathize with Christie. But at this stage, I think it's fair to say that he's probably stopped caring. And maybe understandably so.

Christie was an example of what I'd call the "last-best hope" for the Republican Party. He racked up a pretty good record as far as running an urban, eastern politically liberal state. He worked with President Obama in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy.

And then the wheels came off. Part of it was the Bridge-Closing Scandal. But part of it was he found himself toxic in the eyes of many national Republicans for simply having spoken with President Obama. So he found himself falling between two stools.

His treatment in the 2016 Election and the Trump team was sickening. He took heat for aligning himself with Trump, and Trump promptly repaid him by throwing him under the bus. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Yeah: Its bad optics for him to use the Governor's Beach House when the State Park Beaches are closed. But at this point, like the Honey Badger, he just don't give a ****.

Reactions: Huntn