Chris Christie & Carly Fiorina Drop

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by ericgtr12, Feb 10, 2016.

1. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

Two more down. Trump is the turd in the GOP pool and anyone left is forced to swim in it, one could hardly blame them.

2. XrayTed macrumors regular

XrayTed

Yeah, with support almost less than single digits, I'm sure they got out only to preserve their dignity !

Never cared for Christie, and Fiona ... is it ? Is/was just a joke.
    Christies tender hug with Obama was really bad judgement ,,, But I have to give it to him for destroying quasi-dem Rubio.
    He proved himself a forceful speaker able to easily think on his feet, and that performance alone made him my 2nd choice.

3. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Christie, who proved privatizing everything and cutting taxes on everything does not bode well long-term for the state... as more states will discover, assuming the people were not born yesterday or act as if they didn't...

And Carly "Give me corporate welfare, let me run my company into the ground and retire for $20 mil that I can live 400 years on, and no American has a god given right to a job even though I demand their tax dollars are given to my company as corporate welfare while I force them to teach their replacements"...

I'm supposed to feel bad for these two Americans?

4. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

5. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Quasi-dem would be "Nixon", once perceived as a moderate or right-of-moderate republican back in his day... and nowadays he'd be seen as "ultra-liberal" as Chomsky...

Obama is to the right of Reagan, even keeping in his staff people that Bush brought in (e.g. Gates, Geithner) and having lots of Reagan buddies loving him and even the conservative magazines agree:

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/obama-is-a-republican/

Yet people in 2016 that lived through Reagan's era and said how Reagan destroyed the country keep voting for the same people that continues to embrace the same destructive policies, and how much of that has to be done under duress. I don't know whether to laugh or cry... Or neither, maybe those Reagan supporters saw how bad Reagan was and think Obama was the best to sort things out. I sure as hell don't know anymore...

6. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Christie could of had a real chance if it wasn't for that Bridge scandal. The GOP would have definitely supported him over Trump. He made his own bed, and now it's time to lay in it.

7. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

A small nitpick, Geithner was brought in by Obama. He wasn't a hold over from Bush. I know nothing is ever Obama's fault, just Bush's.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_Geithner

8. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Good to see the field thin, hopefully it will get down to a three man race soon enough and we can settle on someone to challenge Trump and Cruz.

9. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Bernie, Trump, Kashich.

:D

10. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

And then there were 7...

...and the "not Trump" vote begins to coalesce.

11. Dmunjal macrumors 65816

But he was head of the NY Fed under Bush. Which is practically a partner to the Treasury Secretary (then Paulsen). This was very evident during the 2008 Financial Crisis.

12. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Well, crap. Kasich's not one of the saner ones after all.

Huh. I live in Ohio. I didn't know those were our policies. :rolleyes:

13. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Well the field just shed 500 pounds of Christie.

14. nfl46 macrumors 603

"Let's make America great again...we always LOSE...when I'm President we will WIN..."

Anyway! Hillary for President, lol. I guess I won't be allowed in the section for quite a while. I'll be back after the Primary election is over with. Hopefully Hillary wins...if not, I guess you were right about Bernie. See ya!

15. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

That bridge scandal doesn't play west of the Hudson. Christie just has limited appeal outside of the tristate.

16. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Go after him for his policies, there's plenty there to go after. But a post like that is just petty and juvenile.

17. vrDrew macrumors 65816

The problem that both Christie and Fiorina had (beyond their limited experience in national politics) is that they were essentially forced to speak from a script that was far more extreme conservative than they were really comfortable with.

I doubt sincerely, as she was climbing the corporate ladder, that Carly Fiorina really cared that deeply about the wickedness of Planned Parenthood. Rather the opposite, more likely, if you think about it.

But if you are forced to compete with Ted Cruz for the affections of Iowa Evangelicals? Thats what Fox News and Citizens United have brought us. An echo chamber where no position is sufficiently conservative.

18. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Then it would have to be him praising Obama for the Sandy. Christie was well liked by conservatives before that.

19. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Look, Christie is a bully, that's how he ran his campaign. That's how he became governor. I'm going to call him as I see it. This is the guy that wants to give the NSA absolute power to spy on everyone else. He doesn't deserve respect.

20. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Christie dropped, eh? And I thought that was an earthquake.

21. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Didn't you get the memo, fat jokes are not funny anymore. Or so I have been told.

22. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Maybe posts like yours don't count as bullying since he will never see it, but two wrongs still don't make a right.

23. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

That's why I avoid playing college campuses and stick to PSRI.