Chris Matthews goes after Romney and RNC on Morning Joe

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Coleman2010, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Coleman2010, Aug 27, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2012

Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

2. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

3. noteple macrumors 65816

Who is doing all the talking? Chris
    Who is listening, nobody.

Discussion, discourse, debate, no just a rehearsed monolog.

Pushy Loud mouthed angry old man.

4. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Just found the video from another source. Angry or not- Chris is right. It's about damn time someone called out the GOP on their BS.

5. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

6. citizenzen macrumors 65816

And what's wrong with looking to Europe, when they've done a better job at solving certain social issues?

Oh. That's right. It counters the notion that America is exceptional ... in apparently every way.

That is a psychotic notion.

That is the Republican party.

7. AhmedFaisal Guest

So Chris Papa-Beared (or O'Reilly'ed, for those that don't watch Colbert) Priebus a little. So what? Not so fun when it's done to your side now, is it? Personally, it makes me happy. I want the Dems to get angry. I want them to be aggressive. I want them to take every cheap shot the GOP takes at them and fire it back twofold. It's about time someone gave them a taste of their own medicine.

8. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

You might have missed the part when Priebus got a chance to respond.

9. edk99 macrumors 6502a

I clearly saw a tingle going up Chris Mathew's leg

10. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Hah! Fair enough!

11. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

I hope to see more of democrats being as obnoxious as republicans, they're way too civil in my opinion.

12. CalWizrd Suspended

CalWizrd

Try listening to Chuck Schumer, Carl Levin, Harry Reid, Barney Frank, Debbie Wasserman-Schultz, Maxine Waters, Henry Waxman, et al. You might be enlightened.

13. Coleman2010 thread starter macrumors 68000

I was watching this morning and had to jump out the bed! LOL

This as blown up on twitter. Tweets are still flying about it. What we just saw is journalism. Challenging someone obviously telling lies.

14. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Priebus, how the hell did he get the job? Never thought I'd see one who makes Michael Steele look good.

15. classicaliberal macrumors regular

classicaliberal

The reason Chris and many on the Left will never understand the 'foreignization' of Barack Obama, is because they share his worldview and policy positions. Let me explain what I mean...

When a liberal disagrees with a libertarian or conservative position for example, they just hold that position to be 'wrong' or 'incorrect'.

When a libertarian or conservative disagrees with a liberal position though, they see it as something 'wrong' but also something 'foreign', something 'un-american'.

This is simply because America was founded with more libertarian (and somewhat conservative depending on your definition) type values. This isn't a biased statement - just historically accurate. We were founded as a more 'self-determination', small-government, pro-liberty, pro-personal responsibility society than many others out there.

Yes, many conservatives/libertarians paint Barack Obama's views and positions as 'foreign' but it has nothing to do with the color of his skin. The very same people buy millions of books by Walter Williams and Thomas Sowell. The very same people say their 'favorite politician' is Allen West or listen to David Webb and Herman Cain on the radio.

In my opinion, Chris is race baiting. I can't tell whether he actually believes it, or just uses it to his advantage.

16. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Or Asia.

17. 184550 Guest

IMO, he was just using it to his advantage. He just wanted to make Priebus deny it and get the soundbite.

I think that the interpretation that Chris put forth this morning is one (skewed, IMO) view out of many possible others. I sincerely think that Romney meant it as a joke, however given his demeanor, presentation and the context in which he presented the joke, it opened up many alternate impressions which others have been quick to capitalize on, and rightly so IMO.

If Romney wanted to make light of the contrast between himself and Obama, he should have chosen a more controlled environment that would have contributed to the received impression that he was making a joke.

18. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

They're not vocal enough. We need our own Limbaugh.

19. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Back in that time, these ideals were anything but conservative.

20. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Europe is in the dumpster right now.

21. CalWizrd Suspended

CalWizrd

Well you had Keith Olberman, but he keeps self-destructing.

22. classicaliberal macrumors regular

classicaliberal

Indeed.

23. AhmedFaisal Guest

What part? It's an awfully big place. Germany is running a surplus and is still growing. So are most of the northern economies. The countries that have a problem are the PIGS (minus Ireland) and ironically it was the advice of the deregulators from the financial services industries and consulting whores that got them into the deep **** to begin with.

24. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Hmm.. That sounds VAGUELY familiar... But I can't seem to put my finger on why..

BL.

25. AhmedFaisal Guest

So not only are they racist but xenophobic to boot. Good grief, that sounds awfully similar to the brownshirts of old.