Chris Wallace Calls Stephen Miller to Task

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Jul 22, 2019.

1. samcraig macrumors P6

2. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Miller has some serious balls. It is kinda impressive, if I was to ignore any ethical consideration.

3. BaldiMac macrumors 604

BaldiMac

Stephen Miller is the embodiment of the stereotype of Dook basketball players that Tar Heels have hated our whole lives. He is the Christian Laettner of political hacks.

:mad:

4. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

It took YEARS from when Hitler wrote Mein Kampf (published 1925) before the first antisemitic laws were enacted in 1935.
    Roundup and concentration started around 1940.

Chaos45 has only been in office 2.5 years, and arguably is implementing anti-minority policy faster than Hitler.

Erhard Milch was one of the top Nazi Generals. His father was Jewish (although that fact was changed. Goering himself declared he can say who is Jewish!)

SM (miller) is a modern day Milch. He cares not for his race, he cares only what he cares about.

5. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

SM is a serious psychopath.
    People like that believe what they say, it is not a matter of balls.

6. LizKat macrumors 603

LizKat

I'm not a shrink so not sure where Miller might fall in terms of a clinical diagnosis but I can sure say he's working in transmit-mode only. Anyway with respect to the Fox / Wallace piece, Miller heard nothing Wallace said, save for terms off which he just richocheted his talking points.

Miller is completely unsuited to have become a senior policy advisor and speechwriter in the executive branch of the United States of America. His advocacy of white nationalism is well known. His excesses along that line are behind some of Trump's executive orders that have shot straight to SCOTUS and been turned around and sent down for redrafting because they were found unconstitutional.

Miller also has a tendency like Donald Trump and others of the far right to flip things around 180º when it comes to projecting their own inclinations upon perceived political enemies. From the interview that was cited earlier in this post (bolding is mine):

"I think the term 'racist' has become a label too often deployed by the left [and] Democrats in this country simply to try to silence and punish and suppress people they disagree with — speech they don’t want to hear," Miller told host Chris Wallace on "Fox News Sunday." "This president has been a president for all Americans."
    Um, well. Let's rewind the videotape to 2016 before Trump was even elected. His aversion to public criticism and his certainty that he himself should be exempt from it do even predate his inauguration as President. Here is a quote (bolding mine) from remarks he made after media had criticized him in February of 2016:

"One of the things I’m gonna do, and this is only gonna make it tougher for me, and I’ve never said this before, but one of the things I’m gonna do if I win… is I’m gonna open up our libel laws so when they write purposely negative and horrible and false articles, we can sue them and win lots of money. We’re gonna open up those libel laws. With me, they’re not protected, because I’m not like other people… We’re gonna open up those libel laws, folks, and we’re gonna have people sue you like you never get sued before.”​

Someone should already have told Donald Trump that his assertion that no one has the right to criticize a sitting head of state is one of the fundamental hallmarks of a fascist, or one in the making. I don't suppose the bearer of such info would ever have been Stephen Miller though.

7. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

Deserves bolding.
    9 out of 10 Chaos45 supporters don't believe that.

8. LizKat, Jul 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2019

LizKat macrumors 603

LizKat

I believe Trump longs to have the power to do what Putin did, namely expand treason laws to the point where it becomes almost impossible to criticize the state and remain a free person.

Trump did just reiterate falsely to some teenagers that under Article II of the Constitution he can do whatever he wants. This is most assuredly not what Article II says and in fact the same section of the Constitution discusses oversight of the President.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...nstitution-gives-him-right-do-whatever-i-want

“Then, I have an Article II, where I have to the right to do whatever I want as president,” he said. “But, I don’t even talk about that.”
    The link there in that quote is to a tweeted GIF of the video clip where Trump said that. Man, to hear him say it once is startling. To let the GIF run a few times can end up calling out in me whatever's left in humans of that response my dog used to have when I was just having a nice day walking her in the park and she suddenly saw a wrong guy: the hackles raised on her neck fur and she bared her teeth and started uttering a low, continuous growl...

When I get that kind of reaction from something the President says then I'm not going to remain silent about it. Not while it's still legal to criticize him for telling lies.

This guy Trump bears watching every day, you know? So tempting sometimes to just tune out the news, and in the summertime especially, but then there he is today sliding another falsehood into popular perception of his powers, if one hasn't paid attention in civics class.

9. stylinexpat macrumors 65816

stylinexpat

It is of no surprise he has this job. He is the local propaganda puppet. Him and Nikki would make a good husband and wife:rolleyes:o_O