Christains urged to Boycott Glen Beck

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by dukebound85, Mar 12, 2010.

1. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

2. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

3. theheadguy macrumors 65816

Who are they kidding? That's his target audience.

4. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

Isn't Beck a Mormon? Do they think he's representative of their religion?

5. 63dot macrumors 603

63dot

Yes, he is, but he spent many shows courting the Christian Right and the GOP. He knows any constituency who can join the conservatives is in his tent.

However, Beck's off the wall criticism as George W. Bush being a part of "big government" at a Tea Party rally won't gain him friends in the GOP. Sometimes Rush would make a small stab at Gingrich back in his Speaker days, but other than that Rush was in a romance with the GOP, but still kept his shock jock credentials.

Beck, on the other hand, has become completely out of control and unpredictable to the point that he is getting into the shock camp of a Howard Stern and putting anything up there. If Beck thinks spanking women with a spanking machine would help the conservatives, he would do that. If he thought bringing on Daniel Carver of the KKK would help his ratings, he would do that. Beck is becoming this decade's version of Michael Savage.

6. theheadguy macrumors 65816

While I agree with you, every other faux journalist on Fox News is not far behind him. They are all so out of control it's become very normal for their viewing audience. The exception to the rule would be Huckabee, who I feel remains fairly calm.

7. 63dot macrumors 603

63dot

Beck is setting up his measly $25 million a year into something huge when he goes solo, maybe along with Stern's network. O'Reilly has already called Beck a nut job and the more bad press towards Beck, the more Beck can become "the" shock jock voice of politics.

That and the doubtfulness of Rush Limbaugh's health probably almost guarantees 46 year old Beck to have his own monopoly on the fringe right on satellite radio.

He won't go too far, in salty language, like Savage and get banned from entire regions, but his politics will be farther to the right than anybody before and take into account (for fun) all the conspiracy theories.

If somebody could take conservative politics, religion, and the 2012 bunk and turn it into ratings, it would be somebody like Beck. I remember when he called the Lebanon war the beginning of World War III. While it did look potentially bad at the time, now Beck's calling everything the end of the world. If it's not the evil liberals in office, then it's the evil conservatives who are bought out by special interests.

As long as Beck can fight against an imaginary enemy and keep on playing "War of the Worlds", the fat paychecks will keep on coming in. Something tells me he should have been a summer blockbuster filmmaker.

8. Desertrat macrumors newbie

Beck is one of my "Don't bother with" types, so I'm rarely familiar with any brouhaha about the guy. He bores me.

But I pretty much make a point of not being cooperative with anybody's group-think about boycotts.

9. Love macrumors 68000

Love

I personally think the whole world should be urged to boycott Glenn. :eek:

10. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

According to an article posted at Politico, Glenn Beck is the man Tea Partiers think most "....embodied the principles underpinning the tea party movement....."

I suspect he's going to be around for a while yet

11. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny