Christian Holloween propaganda

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by freeny, Oct 11, 2007.

1. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

Purchased a plastic holloween pumpkin and found a small brochure titled "Happy Holloween" stuffed inside. Read the "story" within and was flabbergasted. It turns out Jesus has a website where you can also read this moral filled pap- http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0032/0032_01.asp
    The story is so outrageous I cant decide weather to laugh or throw-up, this is being handed out to little children.

Attached Files:

2. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

Lol! Is this the first time you've encountered fundamentalist christian tracts? They have people tucking those into products, church pews and just about everything else all over the place.

Just throw it in the trash and enjoy your holiday decoration.

3. iKwick7 macrumors 65816

iKwick7

Jesus has internets?? Touche', Jesus. Touche'.

I like to mail said propaganda to family members or friends, just to mess with them.

4. j26 macrumors 65832

j26

5. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Oh wow! I love Jack Chick's publications. I have a whole collection of them. I have about 5 right here on my desk at work. Those things are super funny and paranoid. They're so nuts even people at my church when I was a kid would get a kick out of them. people have made movies about Jack Chick as well. He's something of a cult folk hero, odd as that may sound.

6. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

Died in his sins -- how stupid is that kid?
    I just always say Jesus is my savior after every sin and I'm all taken care of.
    And in the case that I die while going to haunted houses, I'll do the same as I'm lying on the sidewalk with my last breath.:rolleyes:
    I love the "If he had just listened to his mom he wouldn't have died"-what kind of freaking sick scare tactic is this?:eek:

7. CorvusCamenarum macrumors 65816

CorvusCamenarum

Those are hilarious. I especially liked the one about how playing Dungeons & Dragons will make you commit suicide when your character gets killed.

If you really want some funny reading, try http://landoverbaptist.org/ . It's completely satirical in nature, and almost over the top.

8. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Really- I would laugh. Like I said, even when I was a kid no one took them seriously. That said, I still really like those things.

9. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

Heh, this stuff is nothing new.

Using fear to get kids to believe at such a young age.... and then tell you God is love.

[​IMG]

10. papadopolis1024 macrumors 6502

This was sick and disgusting! Damn like going to a haunted house is bad WTF its called entertainment! This is the most F***ed thing I have see in a long time. The "God" they discribe (Christians) IMO would not like this way of convertion (I guess that is what you would call it) scaring kids into being baptist.

On another note anyone see House on tuesday where he went to the afterlife?

11. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

That groups seems determined to offend as many people as possible

12. Shotglass macrumors 65816

Shotglass

13. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Ah Christians... always trying to shove their lifestyle (not to mention their agenda) down everyone's throats.

14. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Out of interest what exactly constitutes a christian?

15. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

Fortunately, unlike the folks that make those pamphlets, we would never resort to grouping classes of people we don't agree with into one unlikable pool

.Andy, I would have thought that anybody that anybody that worships Jesus Christ as the son of God is a Christian. These folks made sure to offend groups of them as well.

I am curious to know what the reaction would be if a bunch of the Moon God flyers got dropped in the ME. If we have any black MR readers, they have a version for you as well.

16. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Even I don't do that. ;) Seriously guys, these pamphlets are so ridiculous, that they're pretty harmless. And as I said before, I have a whole collection of this guy's stuff. It can be pretty fun.

17. freeny thread starter macrumors 68020

freeny

Do you have the "happy Holloween" one i posted above? I can send it to you to add to your collection...:D

Seriously though, as a father of a 4 year old, if he were to get one of these and had it read to him it would certainly bring about some confusion to say the least.

18. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I don't! OMG! Yeah, send it to me! Right now on my desk I have:

Squatters
    The Greatest Story Ever Told
    Love the Jewish People
    Flight 144
    The Beast

and my personal favorite:

The Death Cookie

I have a lot more at home. :)

19. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

The first half is a lot more fun than the second. Maybe I can someday, if I try real hard, be a Holy Helper. The drawing of the demon coming out of the eucharist, though, just keeps me laughing.

20. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

doesnt every religion? and I bet God wouldnt approve of any of them.

21. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I know! The Death Cookie is truly probably the best. But yeah, the first part is better. I like Papa a lot. :)

22. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Well you know, you have to love the Christian and hate the Christianity. ;)

23. Shotglass macrumors 65816

Shotglass

Christians are people who accept Jesus Christ as their saviour (hence the name). Baptising alone doesn't make you a Christian, just saying you are one doesn't, either. It's all in the mind.

About the Halloween comic, it may be fun, but it's quite stupid. For many of the kids that get these, it will be one of the very few contacts they have with this particular religion. And they will judge all of Christianity by this comic. Which isn't funny to me.

24. shecky Guest

shecky

25. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

That's scarier than anything I've ever seen on Halloween.