(Christian)Terrorist Caught Attempting To Bomb Abortion Clinic

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by cfedu, Aug 26, 2015.

1. cfedu macrumors 65816

cfedu

http://www.newsweek.com/wichita-police-release-details-about-bomb-scare-abortion-clinic-363965
    http://www.rawstory.com/2015/08/wichita-police-release-details-about-clinic-bomb-scare/

Do you think this should be called Christian Terrorism?

2. Populism, Aug 26, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2015

Populism macrumors regular

Populism

Sure. Why not?

Is that a wrong answer?

EDIT:

Where is "Christian" mentioned in the article?

EDIT 2:

Where is "Christian" mentioned in either article?

EDIT 3:

Where exactly is your "quote" from?

3. cfedu, Aug 26, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2015

cfedu thread starter macrumors 65816

cfedu

Cenk mentions "Christian" it in his video. Basically the guy had some firecrackers in his bag when he went to apply for a job.

Edit: From the description in the youtube video.

4. dec. Suspended

dec.

Statistically the nature of the crime could almost imply a "Christian" background, but after looking at the guys Facebook page, he seems to be more of a moron than a "Mormon" (not that one excludes the other, not at all :D ).

So in this case I believe that it is absolutely not appropriate to speak of "Christian" Terror (and there, "god", there's my good deed of the day).

5. cfedu, Aug 27, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2015

cfedu

How about the firecracker in his backpack? Was that terrorism? I'm having a hard time to believe this is nothing more than bad judgement.

6. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

I would clarify your moron/Mormon statement unless your intent was to insult a religious group.

7. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

That's his intent. One of the more angry libs on the board.

8. dec. Suspended

dec.

After reading a few articles and seeing the perpetrators Facebook page - which has no indication towards any "Christian" fundamentalism - or any referrals to any "Christianity" in first place, I think it was just some really stupid idea that he caught onto, for whatever reason.

9. dec. Suspended

dec.

I find it impossible to rule out that there are "morons" among "Mormons" (just like they are among any "religious" and non-"religious" groups), so I just thought I'd clarify that in the post as it easily could have been interpreted otherwise. I did not mean to attack any friends of Mythologies, no matter how hilarious they might appear to some (@our special "religious" friends: This does not equal "'Mormons' = hilarious", just to avoid any further misunderstandings :D ).

10. cfedu thread starter macrumors 65816

cfedu

So then, Cenk is completely full of it with his report, he talks like this is some very serious attempt to blow up a clinic and that the media is trying to cover it up because it is Christian terrorism. I guess when you are pushing an agenda, facts don't matter with Cenk

11. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

The article said it was a bomb made from fireworks material. That's not just a firecracker or two.

12. cfedu, Aug 27, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2015

cfedu

In a pill bottle, so maybe 10. It would not even break a plastic container.

13. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    Found this while looking up more info on the bomb

Cenk says the media is ignoring it because it's "Christian Terrorism". Lifenews is saying the media is ignoring the Planned Parenthood scandal, and overinflating this. EVERYONE HAS AN AGENDA! OH MY GOD!

14. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

I stand corrected. So I guess this whole story is just blown out of proportion.

15. cfedu thread starter macrumors 65816

cfedu

People are ignoring it because it is not terrorism and has nothing to do with christianity, even the police said he had no intentions to do anything. His bag was searched and they found a big firecracker. I'm not even sure if it is illegal to be in possession of one. If the police find a gram of weed in my pocket, I don't think it would be fair to say that I had intention to deal crack to kids at a school.

Both left and right media have agenda's but it's wrong when either side tells lies. I really like the TYT, but lately he has been doing stuff like this.

16. cfedu thread starter macrumors 65816

cfedu

I would say so, from watching the TYT video, I would think think this guy was a Christian ISIS/Taliban member. He ended up being a homeless guy applying for a job with a firecracker in his bag.

17. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

He allegedly had a bunch of knives as well.

You know, I'm just gonna write this one off as one of those stupid things that happens sometimes. The knives and firecrackers in a pill bottle were suspicious, admittedly, but no one has any reason to assume he intended on using them other than the fact that he had knives and firecrackers in a pill bottle.

One thing's for sure, he probably wouldn't have been a wise hire.

18. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Almost as stupid as the guy who tied to blow up his shoe.

But we called him a terrorist, didn't we?

Terrorism describes the intent, more than it describes the effectiveness of any individual plan.

19. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

That's the thing. I haven't read anything about intent. From what I've read (which, admittedly, is very, very little), he walked in, applied for a job, they serendipitously found the things in his bag, and they assumed the worst.

Granted, walking into an abortion clinic armed isn't a wise thing to do, considering the current political climate. But he could've been merely stupid and peculiar, rather than a potential terrorist.

20. citizenzen macrumors 65816

No doubt. He may have had no intent at all. He may have been just another mouth-breathing idiot who likes to carry around firecrackers and knives.

I'm sure his parents are quite proud.

21. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

I know that's something of a jab, but...well, I know some people...

For me, it's not that much of a stretch to take this as one potential explanation among many. I lead a sad life, apparently.

22. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Hit a little close to home, eh?

Renzatic, it's time you grew out of a few bad habits.

;)

23. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

They can take my firecrackers in a pill bottle from my cold, dead hands. :mad:

24. cfedu thread starter macrumors 65816

cfedu

Making a shoe bimb on an airplane is not like having a firecracker in a schoolbag. One there is implied intent. I'm not sure if its ilegal to be in possession of firecracker.

25. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I agree.

But I do love your spin. It's 'a' firecracker? Just one? And in a "school bag"? Aw. He's just a cute, innocent school boy. No mention of knives. He probably just had a knife to spread his Lunchables.

As Renzatic said, he may not be a terrorist, but he was certainly not a good hire.