Christie praises Obama, doesn’t ‘give a damn’ about Romney photo op

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samiwas, Oct 30, 2012.

1. samiwas macrumors 65816

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/10/30/christie-praises-obama-doesnt-give-a-damn-about-romney-photo-op/

Chuckle-worthy if nothing else. Christie is definitely a hard-core Romney supporter, so this is interesting.

2. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I don't know if I would say it's interesting or surprising, when a storm hits politics take a back seat.

3. samiwas thread starter macrumors 65816

I would normally agree, but this election cycle has been a little different (okay, a lot). A lot more divisive little games being played.

4. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

5. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

I heard on the radio that he was getting a lot of criticism from republicans for his non-political statement.

6. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

7. SwiftLives macrumors 65816

SwiftLives

If I were a cynic, I'd think that Christie was distancing himself from the Republican establishment in order to better position himself for a run in 2016.

But for now, I'm thinking he's trying to help get his state back on its feet as quickly as possible.

8. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

I guess I'm a cynic because I think that's in the equation somewhere.

And he wants those FEMA $$$. Oh wait, Republicans want to eliminate FEMA.

9. Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

If Romney wins Christie can't run until 2020. It's in Christies best interest for President Obama to win so he can run in 2016.

Maybe he's seen internal polling that says Romney will lose. So he's building a good relationship with who's going to be president for the next 4 years.

10. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Christie should just eat the storm and all will be well. Prtend it's a giant donut or something.

11. splitpea macrumors 6502a

You know, until now Christie's been an unmitigated sack of ****, but shrugging off party politics like that when there's a disaster in his state is pretty classy. (well, really, it should be the default, but by the standards of the current political climate and my expectations of the guy, that stands out as a paragon of class, which maybe says more about our national political scene than about Christie.)

12. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Why? Is this a given?

What if Romey's an unmitigated disaster as POTUS, what then in 2016?

13. NickZac macrumors 68000

NickZac

It doesn't really surprise me. By all means, President Obama is doing one helluva job responding to the storm, maintaining effective communication, working with different levels of aid, overseeing logistical planning, and coordinating with ground operations, and Christie, who's primary focus is to the people of NJ, is giving the President praise for a job well done with politics aside. The storm could very well be an October Surprise.

14. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

He'd have to mess up pretty badly. Only one elected President... as opposed to those who rose to the position after their predecessor died... has ever failed to be renominated by his party. (Franklin Pierce)

15. blevins321 macrumors 68030

Ditto. Christie is being very attentive this time. Plus I 100% support his candid statement calling evacuation refusers stupid. No resources should be used saving a single one of them.

16. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

17. malman89 macrumors 68000

Your title is its own little election cycle game. In no way does he say he 'doesn't give a damn' about a Romney photo op. He just says he doesn't give a damn about partisan presidential politics right now. Good job.

:rolleyes:

18. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

And that goes to show you what is wrong with the GOP establishment. It also goes to show you how little they car about the people.

19. samiwas thread starter macrumors 65816

Hey, it's not my title. It was cut and pasted from the quoted article. Good job picking that up.

20. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Well ?

21. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

LBJ was duly (re-)elected in 1964, with a healthy showing, but dropped out of the primaries in 1968 when things started to go agin him.

22. Biff... macrumors 6502a

Biff...

Christie, is correct politics should take a back seat to helping people. Both Obama, and Romney should stay out of the area.

23. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

You do know Obama is the President right ?

24. Biff... macrumors 6502a

Biff...

He can be presidential from afar, get out of the way and only help when its needed.

25. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Unfortunately 85% of the population in the USA would see that as not behaving like the President.

Now if that's what you want well..