CHRONO TRIGGER on the Wii VC -- to buy or not to buy?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Amnesiac1, May 28, 2011.

1. Amnesiac1 macrumors 6502

Here is my dilemma.

Given Chrono Trigger's reputation as one of the greatest RPGS (if not the greatest) of all time, I am eager to download it to my Wii from the Virtual Console. When I brought this up to other forums, many users directed me to the DS version and noted its apparently superior translation.

The problem is that I don't have access to a DS currently. I will in the future but, as of right now, I only have access to a Wii. I'm really eager to play the game (and the prospect of playing it on the big screen is tantalizing, as well).

Would I be making a big mistake by downloading the SNES version from the Wii VC? This will be my first experience with the game...

[​IMG]

2. Patrick946 macrumors regular

the SNES version is great, and actually has superior audio. For $8 you can't go wrong. And while I've heard that the DS translation is better, the SNES one is still very good. It's not like the change from Final Fantasy Tactics to the PSP remake where it actually improves the experience a lot. Get it on VC, you won't be disappointed.