Church Member DESTROYED A Black Church - UPDATE: member of congregation arrested

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by steve knight, Nov 2, 2016.

1. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

http://addictinginfo.org/2016/11/02...-church-in-the-most-disrespectful-way-tweets/
    Screen-Shot-2016-11-02-at-12.05.19-PM.png Screen-Shot-2016-11-02-at-12.05.09-PM.png

2. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

Allegedly.

Whoever did it should be imprisoned, and be made work 10 hours a day cleaning the streets.

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

As I said in another thread - I'm getting sick of my fellow white man.

4. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

5. Moyank24, Nov 2, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2016

Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

To be fair, it could also be horrible kids/non Trump supporting adults who just wanted to divert blame.

Either way, vandalizing churches is definitely the act of bad hombres!

6. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

I tried that argument when the republican office was done the same too they would not accept it.

7. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Well judging how Hillary and Podesta operate it was probably Clinton supporters posing as Trump supporters causing mayhem. like for real!

8. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Have they caught those responsible?

9. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

I would not jump to the conclusion that it was Trump supporters just because that was written on the walls. Often enough, people do things like that to divert attention. So, sure, it could be, but, you never know without a careful (arson in this case) investigation. Hopefully the perpetrators made some dumb mistake. Here is a scary one:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Leonard_Orr

10. FrankieTDouglas macrumors 65816

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...n-set-herself-on-fire-wrote-racial-slurs?lite

A few years ago, I read about the story of the girl who was lit on fire, with KKK messages written in response to the attack. Turns out, she lit herself on fire and created a hoax situation. Really, really messed up story.

My immediate reaction to the first news was outrage at her being attacked. When I found out she had done it to herself, it's hard to explain the reaction, but basically, I just tossed up my hands and checked out of engaging these types of stories ever again.

11. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

Probably done by a child of one of the church members who was hoping an investigation would close the church this Sunday. Hell, Hillary probably paid the kid to do it.

12. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

It's probably fake. Meanwhile, real Democrats are actually firebombing Republican campaign offices...

13. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

How do you know "real Democrats" firebombed the office in North Carolina? No arrests have been made.

If the church vandalism is fake, why can't the destruction of the North Carolina office also be fake?

Of course, we'll have to see how Republicans respond.

When the NC GOP office was destroyed, Democrats created a GoFundMe campaign and raised $13,000 to rebuild it. Any one want to take a bet on whether Republicans create a similar effort?

14. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

I didn't think they caught those behind it ?

15. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I give up. You are too much for me. Too much BS. Adios.

16. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Nope. definitely real.

While the first shot in retort it to blame the aggregator, it always helps to go into the article (in this case, the one at HuffPo) and see if there is any underlying information on it.

From that, we have the local news:

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/...rump-painted-burned-black-church-ms/93161132/

So with a local source there, and more in-depth pictures of the crime, it definitely is real.

BTW: was there any outcome of that firebombed Republican office and evidence linking to Democrats?

BL.

17. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Just seeing how many people who were so quick to condemn the Democrats out of hand would do the same for themselves when the ball's in their court.

The honest truth of the matter is that we don't know what's real, and what's not. Both could be entirely real acts of honest hate, both could be staged for sympathy, or we could have a mix and match of each.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 2, 2016 ---
    consider adjusting thy sarcasm meter.

18. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Probably not, because that'd only serve to case even more immature little dolts to go mad. This is a storm we're going to have to ride.

The scary thing is, this is far from over. If Trump wins, I'm sure we'll see a surge in minority action. If Hillary wins, the same can probably be said of the far right folk. I think this and the Republican office firebombing are but a taste of things to come. People are just too angry for things to go otherwise smoothly.

19. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

yes and trump paid to have the rnc office bombed.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 2, 2016 ---
    thats why I posted it I wanted to see if we would get the opposite reaction.

20. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

why not? plenty have pretended there are crimes committed against them hoping to cash out.

21. eoblaed macrumors 68000

eoblaed

So, someone that would burn a church in a black community... which candidate running do you think they support?

I get your point, but this is a case where anyone that has the motivation to engage in racially harmful and divisive behavior like we see in the OP is only going to support one of the candidates ... and that candidate isn't going to be Hillary.

22. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

You're so clever. /s

23. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

that depends on WHO burned that church. as said many do indeed commit crimes against themselves just to get a pay out.

24. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

In other words, hold fire until the facts can be determined.

And that said, the same thing should be said about the aforementioned Republican office being firebombed.

Should not both incidents have that luxury, instead of asking for time in one and immediately blasting the opposite party in the other?

BL.

25. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

this is Murika, where perception is reality. by all means, fire away at whatever perception there is regarding who burned it