Church Militant claims God gave his mother cancer so that he would stop being gay

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by steve knight, Apr 27, 2016.

1. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/04/chu...ral&utm_campaign=im&utm_tracker=1737131x84899

2. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

He is silly child who doesn't believe in"free will"! Life is a test if you choose God or not!

3. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

It must be one of those trick answer tests where there is no right answer then.

4. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Life is a cereal liked by Mikey.

5. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

I almost gave you a thumbs up for the last part, but the first part neutralizes it, if you are saying hetro or homo is part of free will.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 28, 2016 ---
    The illness called religion...

6. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

He sounds like a person I once knew, who did everything except go back to the religion that he was brought up with but will likely die from alcoholism and/or AIDS. At least the ex doesn't fit the Catholic stereotype of molesting children.

Not quite. Everyone has sexual attraction to either or both genders. How and what one does with those sexual feelings is the choice. One can be loyal and true to a person and not hurt them emotionally or physically (STDs, yo...), or one can cheat and be a sleaze and just say "Well, I've got this but I can pop a bunch of pills every day and it won't be any worse and I don't need to tell anyone I want to 'love' because they will never get it and I can still go out and be with anyone because medicine interactions or viral adaptation to them will never ever happen!!" (And some of those people, who really think that, also happen to be in the medical profession despite the amount of evidence proving them utterly wrong... narcissistic psychopaths...)

And that's the point - one needn't have religion. Even the nonreligious forget that. There are many religions, almost all of them spin words to say theirs is the only true religion or that religion (the "real" one) is an absolute to have morals, but "moral" is just "ethics" without the religious connotation.

I'm bi. I refuse to date men after how I'd been treated in the past and cheated on. I tell people upfront. They can live with their own stereotypes. I've never cheated, but fail to see how bi people are more likely to cheat, considering that heteros seem to cheat all the time and there are more of them that would willingly cheat with a straight person than a bi person, and most gay people (a populace of maybe 5~10% the national whole) don't want to marry and say they want the law just so they can be seen as first class citizens while still porking anyone else because marriage is "heteronormative and unevolved"-- I ought to write a book going into much detail except the religious wouldn't know whether to welcome me or exploit me, and I'd rather be an ally... Either way, both sides miss out on so much context with their petty civil war that it doesn't matter if they actually know why they have a belief, it's reduced to nothing more than an idiotic circus sideshow that's so "paint by numbers" because nobody has the time for critical or any other form of thinking...

7. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Interesting post, however my point remains, when it comes to sexual attraction I don't believe we have free will. If you are bi that's not a choice or represents free will, that is how you were created. Same it you are attracted to a single sex, this is not an intellectual,choice, but who you are. Based on you religious comment, can I assume that you don't believe a therapist could change you exclusively into a hetrosexual?

8. Tech198 macrumors G4