Cincinnati, OH - Kenwood Mall Apple Store

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by apple.snapple, Sep 4, 2014.

1. apple.snapple macrumors regular

Anyone planning on going for the iPhone 6 launch? If so, post here! :D

2. SheepNutz macrumors 6502a

I'm thinking about it, since I got screwed on not getting a preorder for the 6 Plus. I haven't gone up there since the 4 launch. It was a cluster**** then. Even with a reservation I had to wait quite a while. Now I have no reservation and will probably wait all night for nothing.

3. AudioCow macrumors newbie

Seriously considering it. With the screw ups on the 12th my order is delayed till October. If I come up empty handed at least I'll be able to pick up my 6 first thing.

4. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

Should be a short line, just 3 people :D

I am thinking about going to the local Verizon store Friday morning

5. SheepNutz macrumors 6502a

I just spoke with someone at Kenwood Towne Center and they said that people can start lining up outside the Cheesecake Factory entrance at 10PM Thursday. This seems to contradict earlier iPhone launches where they wouldn't allow people to line up until 4am Friday. I may call again later to confirm with another mall employee. Looks like I'll be going here instead of AT&T since this will probably be my best chance to get the 6 Plus that I want.

6. BigBeast macrumors 6502a

Last year it was a MAJOR fuster cluck. They had one guard on duty that was trying to keep people from lining up. Once there got to be about 100 people, everyone was arranged in a semicircle around him. Second by second, people were inching closer to the doors, until everyone just started running for the door. It was insane! I would've hated to be him. Although unlike him, I would've just allowed people to line up instead of trying to hold everyone back with a flashlight. :rolleyes:

7. SheepNutz macrumors 6502a

I called again today to confirm what they told me yesterday. People can start lining up at 10pm tonight. No tents. Chairs are allowed in line, but not allowed in the mall. Only entrance opening will be the main one by Cheesecake Factory (they had better adhere to that). I'll be there at 10. If you see a fat guy with short hair wearing a woxy.com shirt, say hi.

8. SheepNutz macrumors 6502a

After seeing that thread about one Apple Store getting only 20 iPhone 6 Pluses, I decided to bite the bullet and preorder with 3-4 weeks shipping. Good luck tomorrow everyone!

9. ScubaCinci macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

I pre-ordered but may show up at a Verizon store to see what they have.

10. DmbShn41 macrumors 6502

I'll confirm this as I had to stop by Apple store today and saw these signs throughout the mall.

I was part of that 100...it was pandemonium. That security guard was a douche though. Previous years weren't so bad.

SheepNutz, long time, no hear. This guy was the first person I ever used FaceTime with...weird, but history. I have a gold 6+ showing up tomorrow from AT&T pre-order, but will probably brave the line tonight to try and get another 6+ for the wife. She isn't happy I have a 6+ coming...

11. SheepNutz macrumors 6502a

Haha, I remember that FaceTime convo! Good luck on your phone. I'm going to cruise the AT&T store by my work tomorrow and see what the line is like at 7:45am.

12. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

Inline at the Verizom store in Florence Ky, I'm number 19 in line at 5:30

13. SheepNutz macrumors 6502a

Since I pass right by an AT&T corporate store on my way to work (the one by NKU), I stopped by and there were only 20 people in line at 7:45 am. Just as I got there, an employee was out talking I everyone about stock. Plenty of 6s, but no 6 Pluses at all.

14. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

I was able to pick up an iPhone Plus 128GB, wanted space gray but had to get a silver. Still pretty happy .

Attached Files: