Cindy Sheehan: I Led The Anti-War Movement Against Bush 11 Years Ago. Hillary Is Hardly Better.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Jess13, Aug 31, 2016.

1. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

Real liberals do not support Hillary or Obama. And I have been a fan of Cindy Sheehan since before anyone here had heard of Obama.

I Led The Anti-War Movement Against George W. Bush 11 Years Ago. Hillary Clinton Is Hardly Better.

http://ijr.com/opinion/2016/08/2596...years-ago-now-fear-hillary-clinton-no-better/

On August 3, 2005, I was at my home in Vacaville, Ca (still in deep pain from the murder of my son Casey in Iraq) watching some news broadcast or the other. Lo and behold, my then-nemesis George W. Bush came on. He was, once again, on vacation at his pig ranch in Crawford, but this day he was somewhere else in Texas. That day, 11 Marines from the same reserve unit in Ohio were killed in the same incident in Iraq. Bush was asked about that and he said, “The families of the fallen can rest assured their loved ones died for a noble cause.”

Of course, since my son Casey had died in the long line of Imperial wars based on lies and for profit, my ears pricked up. George was clearly at a press availability, so I waited for someone from the “press” (really, White House stenographers) to ask him what the “Noble Cause” was, since the mission-lie had already changed several times. Predictably, not one of the stenographers asked George that question.

[...]

Since Bush has left office (in the orderly and lawful way, not in handcuffs) and we're almost through with the two-terms of the current War President, I almost feel sorry for Bush. (Almost, I said). Where's the outcry against Obama's wars? The occupy movement did not address these issues. I have tried to hold three protest camps since Obama has been president. Instead of thousands of people, there were tens in attendance.

The current POTUS electoral circus we find ourselves in is interesting only for the fact that this is truly the weirdest election I have ever witnessed in my lifetime. While Donald Trump’s rhetoric is being scrutinized and analyzed, Hillary Clinton’s actual record of support for war, war, and more war, has been sanitized. The “super-star” of 2016, Bernie Sanders, had a very weak foreign policy position, too. This sadly tells me that my fellow Americans' compassion for others is practically non-existent.

I would hate to think the only thing Camp Casey accomplished was getting the left-wing of the war party back in political power. I think we did re-shape the dialogue and perceptions of war. With many vets and other family members joining me that summer, people in the US were seeing, for the first time this generation, active family opposition to the institutions that steal our young people to kill and die in the wars for profit of today's Military Industrial Complex.

2. zin macrumors 6502

There is a reason Hillary Clinton doesn't talk about Hillary Clinton.

3. aaronvan, Aug 31, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2016

aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Sorry, Cindy. Under Hillary you can expect to be ignored by the Democrats for another four years.

4. BeefCake 15 macrumors 65816

BeefCake 15

She's right...Hillary is a huge war hawk (chicken hawk as Ron Paul would call it). The choices this election are not even choices any more it's force fed.

5. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

We should vote for a president of PRSI from among its posters. Obviously if be the front runner from the right.

6. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Cindy Sheehan is a nutjob. She was a nutjob back then, and she remains a nutjob.

Who cares?

7. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

But, but, the left was rallying around Sheehan, and even provided her with funding through George Soros and legal support...

Of course this was when she was bashing Bush. Now, she's the devil...

8. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Trump is a force fed choice? With the way some Republicans have flocked over to Hillary as a result of Trump winning the nomination? Force fed?

9. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

George Soros just gave 70 million to BLM. Cindy isn't radical enough to get things done.

10. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

I know who the PRSI version of Trump would be.

11. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Tell me.

12. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

It would be considered a call out.

13. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

PM me.

14. BeefCake 15 macrumors 65816

BeefCake 15

Yes, his policy so dam outrageous making Hillary force fed....going to dam Mexico to tell their president to build a wall on their own dime with no economic return to the country. He's a buffoon and she's a fakester chicken hawk, sad state of affairs.

15. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

She was even a nutjob when she was bashing Bush.

16. Jess13 thread starter Suspended

Jess13

Actually, Cindy Sheehan’s a real liberal who didn’t abandon her integrity just because Bush 2.0bama (and if Hillary is POTUS, Bushillary 3.0) has a ‘D’ beside his/her name. Cindy Sheehan was brave and great when Bush was POTUS, and still is brave and great with New Bush(es) as POTUS.

17. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Respected defense blog "Breaking Defense" says Hillary is more hawkish than Obama. That's scary, given Obama is bombing like seven different countries.