Cities in Massachusetts Attempting to Recriminalize Marijuana

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by XnavxeMiyyep, Jan 17, 2009.

1. XnavxeMiyyep macrumors 65816

XnavxeMiyyep

Because some people are very determined not to let people have their civil liberties!

http://www.bostonfreedomrally.com/recriminalization.htm

The representatives of Worcester, where I currently live, voted to keep it decriminalized, which is good. Quincy, my hometown, is having a vote on it on Tuesday. It seems that people are protesting in front of City Hall during the vote, so hopefully it'll go the same way.

2. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Is this something that can even be done at the town level? I mean, it's not like it's not illegal anymore, it's just a civil matter. Why don't they just introduce their own fines on top of it if they're so against it? :confused:

3. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Ah Worcester, lived there for 5 years. You go to school there?

4. XnavxeMiyyep thread starter macrumors 65816

XnavxeMiyyep

From what I've gathered it's kind of how different things criminal that aren't criminal at a federal level. I'm not sure what legal precedent there is for such a thing.

For whatever reason, the people in charge want to stop people from consuming this plant. I will definitely return to Quincy on Tuesday to protest this.

Yeah, I go to WPI. I have an apartment here that's near my school, but in the summer I live wherever my internships take me.

5. bobfitz14 macrumors 65816

bobfitz14

i live in Mansfield, it's in the South Shore...but if this goes through on the town levels does that mean if you get caught in a specific town you might get screwed over? but if you were in the bordering town you could be fine (based on the decriminalized laws)?

6. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Its a Gigantic threat to the free world isnt it. More fear mongering by the politics of fear. The laws have hurt more people's lives then the weed ever has. We will save you from yourself mentality of big brother.

Steal 50 billion $$$ thats ok, smoke a joint and your going to jail!:rolleyes:

7. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

Towns should make it a fine. Just like a speeding ticket, that way the town gets the $$$$$ not the state.

8. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Regulating behaviors by someone elses own code has never worked. Prohibition is a good example. Let me guess the next thing is they will throw our tax dollars at this as a cure.

Better solution is to legalize it that way you can control it. As long as its kept underground it empowers the drug dealers, the police state and we the tax payers get the bill. Its a circle jerk and the tax payer gets screwed, and the police state has its " made for consumption criminal"