Civ VI Gathering Storm - like Civ and want this but is it just me who thinks the overall cost is ...

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by madeirabhoy, Feb 17, 2019.

1. madeirabhoy macrumors 6502a

the new expansion is out and is €40. I can get a whole PS4 game for about that. looking at my steam history, I paid €80 for the deluxe version of VI, plus €30 for Rise and Fall. So I am already at €110, this will take me to €150.

and lets face it the expansions aren't like DLC for other games, they are just making the same game a bit better.

and of course the easy answer is, don't buy it. but its not like I don't want to buy it, its that really €150 is a bit much for whats really one game.

and of course some will say, but what other game gives you as many man hours of playing? Fallout 4 with the DLC cost me much less than half that.

2. Big Bad D macrumors regular

Same feeling. Very happy with Civ VI (and most preceding Civ versions) and great gameplay value for money. But not convinced to pay this rather high price for new extension. I don’t consider it will significantly add €40 worth to the enjoyment and gamplay of the current game.