Clarendon, VA Apple Store

pugnut

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 1, 2007
Assuming that the launch is at 6:00pm I will be there as early as 8:00, anyone else planning on being there.

jackiecanev2

macrumors 65816
Jul 6, 2007
If you just moved TO virginia beach, clarendon is a bit far (4 hours). The closest apple store to you is MacArthur Center in Norfolk. >20 minutes.

Soreo

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2008
I'm not going to the one in Clarendon, but just saying- The Apple store there's purty.
I like the black exterior.
And that area in general's a nice one.

lermal

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2007
Florida
I plan on being there around 7:30AM as I live within walking distance. Don't think they'll have any restrictions, as most of the other stores don't open until after the Apple store. Last year the line just wrapped around (towards the Barnes & Noble, and past Myer-Emco I believe).

qshio

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2008
What can we expect

Is there a line there now? Is this going to be as nuts as the first iPhone, or can someone who gets there just before 8 expect to get one?

alexplank

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2008
Is there a line there now? Is this going to be as nuts as the first iPhone, or can someone who gets there just before 8 expect to get one?
I doubt it. I went to the fair oaks mall this afternoon and no one was lined up. Of course Clarendon is the oldest and best Apple store in Virginia so who knows.

qshio

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2008
Prospects

I wasn't on hand for the original iPhone release, so I don't know how many folks went home that day empty handed - any? A lot? I have already managed to get a buyer for my first iPhone, so it's important I know I can get the new one tomorrow. I'm not afraid to wait, I'm afraid they'll run out!

alexplank

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2008
Sorry, but the oldest Apple store in Virginia is actually the one at Tysons -- it was the first Apple retail store on the East Coast. I won't get into a discussion of which of the several Apple stores in Northern VA is "best," though -- LOL!!!
Right after clicking submit, I knew someone was going to catch me on that. ;)

Clarendon has the best employees, however, hands down. Tysons is only a 15 minute drive from my house but I still go all the way to clarendon if I need to get a machine repaired. :p

Does anyone know whether the Apple stores will have more stock than the AT&T stores?

thebestsophist

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2008
Sadly, I can't make the meetup tomorrow and have to go early Saturday, but there wasn't a line when I walked by the store a few hours ago at 18:30.

RulinSmoove

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2008
I just drove by the store to see if there was a line, and there are about ten people outside. I saw a girl pulling an air mattress out of her car. I can't believe people are lining up for the iPhone 3G... original iPhone yes, but the only thing that differs is 3G, GPS and the design!

Crazy. I'll be there by 7:30, I'm sure they are loaded. I left work in DC last year on the release day, went to two different Apple stores before I hit the metro and came to Clarendon, where I walked in and they had a wall full of them. Don't think it will be a problem at all tomorrow.

I live right behind Iwo Jima.

Holla!

JonboyDC

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2004
I couldn't get over to Clarendon this morning, but I'd love to hear any reports -- what the crowd was like, how fast (or slow) the buying process is going, what the supply looks like.

(And I'm insanely jealous of you folks who were able to get there this morning.)

longofest

Editor emeritus
Jul 10, 2003
Falls Church, VA
I couldn't get over to Clarendon this morning, but I'd love to hear any reports -- what the crowd was like, how fast (or slow) the buying process is going, what the supply looks like.

(And I'm insanely jealous of you folks who were able to get there this morning.)
was just there... line was wrapped around all the stores... almost 5th avenue worthy

mlvenan

macrumors newbie
May 8, 2005
Can anyone give any idea as to how the line is at Clarendon and if they have sold out of any of the iPhones?

UltraSPARC

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2008
I work right down the street, I can confirm the line is wrapped around the shopping center and to the crate and barrel at around 12pm. I just called and they told me yes the do have them in stock, and that "the line is about 4 hours deep".

JonboyDC

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2004
Thanks for the update.

And now (at 5:45) I'm here -- the line still stretches to B&N, but it seems to be moving steadily (if not quickly).