Clash of Clans download page incessantly pops up

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dbci, Mar 5, 2014.

1. dbci macrumors newbie

I'm a pretty experienced iPad/iPhone user, but this one has me baffled. It only seems to happen on my iPad (4th gen, 64gb, all latest patches). From time to time, when I'm using an app that uses the net (web, mail, Facebook, twitter), without warning the App Store opens up and the download page for Clash of Clans comes up.

This happens incessantly, almost every day. Does anyone know what's going on, and if it can be stopped? This doesn't seem to happen with any other product - that is, I'm not being barraged by ads for others software. Any suggestions?

2. Tritto macrumors member

Hi dbci. You're not alone. I get this same issue with my iPad 4 since I've been on IOS 7 too (currently on 7.0.6, but it occurred on 7.0.4 too).

Very annoying.

3. JoeG4 macrumors 68030

JoeG4

For me, it's Candy Crush. Apparently it's a javascript hijack some ads have. So they pretty much sneak in an iframe and it opens an app store link.

I don't even have that kinda garbage installed on my phone XD It's unbelievably funny that as usual, Apple hasn't done anything about it.