Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dumb blonde

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 11, 2004
Hi,

I need help!
Yesterday I upgraded from Mac Os 10.2 to 10.2.8 since that, everytime I go to start up Classic (9.2.2), it comes up with . . . . "classic needs to update resources in your selected Classic system folder. These changes are needed to run classic . . ." it then gives you the option to update, which I click and then a new box appears with "Resource Update Error . . .an error was encountered while attempting to update your system folder with classic -specific resources. . . ." and the only option they give you then is QUIT . . . thanks!!!!

Please if any one can help it would be really appreciated.

DB :eek:

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Did you try running all of these: fsck, Disk First Aid, and Repair Permission?

Could be and improper permission setting or a file system error.

dumb blonde

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 11, 2004
Classic 9 start up probs

Dear Sun Baked,

Cheers for the quick reply, I am trying the repair disk permissions at the moment, I will let you know what happens.

Thanks again
DB

dumb blonde

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 11, 2004
dumb blonde said:
Dear Sun Baked,

Cheers for the quick reply, I am trying the repair disk permissions at the moment, I will let you know what happens.

Thanks again
DB

No still doing the same thing but I could not find fsck

DB :rolleyes:

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
dumb blonde said:
No still doing the same thing but I could not find fsck

DB :rolleyes:
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=106388

They'll be some directions on screen when you boot into single user mode (command-s).

Keep running fsck until you come up with a clean pass.

---

If that doesn't work, you can alway drag the Classic Support out of the OS 9 System Folder -- There should be a few of them, Classic - Classic Support - Classic Support UI -- just drag them to the Desktop and try restarting Classic.

Hopefully there isn't a slash or a colon character in any drive or Folder Path name on the way to Classic.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.