Classic AT&T

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ZipZap, Oct 3, 2012.

1. ZipZap macrumors 601

I preordered a 64GB Black iPhone 5 on Friday September 14 at 530AM through AT&T.

All was fine until the following Tuesday when AT&T cancelled my order due to a system error.

After many hours on the phone with them they said there was nothing they could do and that I would have to go to the end of the line (with a $100 service credit).

The following Friday I was able to get an in store pickup of a White 32GB and so I jumped on it (upgrade).

This past Monday I noticed that AT&T had cleared the hold on my credit card by adding a new charge for $688.

After an hour on the phone with them trying to fix this the agent finally says well we cant reverse the charge as we shipped you a phone.

I said how can that be the original order was cancelled (I have an email confirming it). They did not have an answer. They said, keep and sell it since it will not activate on my account, or return it.

SO I have 2 phones at upgrade pricing.

Any chance I can dispute the charge for the second phone and win?

2. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

why not just return it and get your money back once it arrives? Unless the money is not there, you will waste your time disputing something that can very easily be resolved.

3. sou1 so1di3r macrumors 6502a

sou1 so1di3r

i will buy it.

can paypal asap.

check your PM

4. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Pretty obvious answer. They had to charge you. As to the cancel, apparently that did not take place. No big deal.

Just went through something similar - ordered, then tried to cancel. No luck. When 2nd phone showed up, just took it to the store and got a credit.

5. ZipZap thread starter macrumors 601

I did not cancel. At&t did and i have the email to prove it.

I will sell on ebay.