Classifieds or a good place to sell mac parts

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Killerteve, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Killerteve macrumors newbie

I have a graphics card for a G5 that I would like to sell and I didn't see a classifieds forum, however the forum rules didn't seem to prohibit member to member sales. At the same time I didn't want to get banned, so is it legal to make for sale posts in this section? If not is there a forum on this site for classified thread? If that is not the case either, can someone recommend another forum that does allow classified that gets enough traffic to sell my parts in a timely manner? Thanks.

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

3. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

4. OrangeSVTguy macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

You also must have been a member for at least 180 days, about 6 months to post or get access to the Marketplace.

You can always try to sell it on ebay.com or craigslist.com.
    If it is the stock AGP 5200 card, you can get roughly $50 for it.

5. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

Since no, you can't post items for sale anywhere on MR until you get Marketplace access I would suggest you join Low End Mac's Google group which is a "swap meet" for various and sundry Mac parts of all ages and is a particularly good resource for older parts. They get a lot of postings and I have had some very good luck with selling off some extra items there. You can read about it and join at http://groups.google.com/group/lemswap?hl=en

6. POLOgt macrumors member

POLOgt

I would recommend selling it on eBay or even Craigslist

Why do you want to sell it on a forum?

7. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

It is readily apparent that you can't see the Marketplace. :D

8. Killerteve thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the responses. I only want to sell it on a forum since I've had good success with car parts and it's free. So is it 250 posts & 180 days or either or?I should be close to 180 days but nowhere near 250 posts lol.

9. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

You need to meet both qualifications to be able to see the Marketplace- but can join and start posting right away in the nice Google group I linked to above.

10. michaelsviews macrumors 65816

Think if you make a donation, of like 25 bucks your status gets bumped up and you should than be able to see the market place. PM one of the Mod's and ask them.