Clean erase and install of OSX 10.6.3 on an.....

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Alex Travellion, Dec 20, 2010.

1. Alex Travellion macrumors newbie

....intel based machine running Tiger?

Is it as easy as the 'nameless man/woman in the Apple Store in a nameless town nowhere near where I live or work' strictly DIDN'T tell me (though heavily implied) that it was? ;);););)

Many thanks - don't need a debate about the ins and outs of the moral/legal issue (if there is one, which there may or may not be depending on your view but remember that the license is INSIDE a sealed box) - just need to know if it's a mind bender or as simple as clicking a few buttons.

Regards,

AT

2. simsaladimbamba

3. Alex Travellion thread starter macrumors newbie

...and that's FINE from Tiger?

I also assume that I can then put iLife 08 on it from the original discs that came with it (don't need 11 actually)

4. simsaladimbamba

If you do a Clean Install (the same as Erase and Install) as you alluded to with your thread title, then there is no problem.
    If you do an Update Install (the normal and standard installation method with Snow Leopard), then there is no problem too.

If you want to install iLife '08 from one of your grey Restore discs, then that is no problem too too.

5. Alex Travellion thread starter macrumors newbie

6. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Yeah, there's really no reason you need to do a clean install, as it will also work simply as an upgrade (and for the record, I have no moral problem with it, and I'm not even 100% sure there's a legal issue with it). If you just do an upgrade, you won't even have to reinstall iLife '08. If you choose to do an Erase and Install, however, then you will be able to reinstall iLife '08 from your original disks without any problems.

jW