Clean install of OSX 10.7 with USB boot failed. Can't download the additonal componen

Discussion in 'iMac' started by lRlevolution, May 19, 2013.

1. lRlevolution macrumors newbie

Hi everyone. I have been gifted my friends old iMac and have been having trouble with the computer as of late so I decided to do a complete resintall of the OSX. The computer I am using is a iMac 21.5'' 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo late 2009. I created a bootable version of OSX Lion 10.7 from app store purchase on a 8 gb usb drive. Computer reads it and everything. The installation begins but with about 1 min left I get a message stating "Can't download the additonal components needed to install Mac OS X. I have also just tried to boot from apple servers using the command R but it gets stuck at a certain part each time, not to mention it takes HOURS for it to even get to any part. The HD seems fine when Verifiy Disk with no errors.

2. mmomega macrumors demi-god

mmomega

Slow internet speeds possibly causing problems? I'm not 100%

I have just never noticed the download additional components part when installing from a USB install disk. It has been a while since I've installed Lion but I install ML quite often offline with out an error.