iPhone Clean iOS 11 install fixed my problems. They are back in 11.0.1

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by skadd, Sep 26, 2017.

1. skadd macrumors regular

After having serious issues after updating from iOS 10.3.3 like crashes, freezes and resprings I did a restore and deleted all contents, which fixed all my problems.

Now they are back and it's worse than ever.

It seems to me that the issue arises when I update from an older to a newer version. Something happened during that install. I'm sure if I restore my iPhone 6S again and set it up as a new device it will fix the issues. But I'm not doing that, it's time consuming.

2. Ashin macrumors 6502a

Ashin

Well, if you believe your average Macrumors user, you need to wait another week or so for it to finish indexing (lmao)

3. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

Seems like that's not really the case for most average (or not) users. Indexing or some sync or similar type of actions can be something that happens shortly after an issue, but isn't something that will go into days territory. Getting a decent take on battery life and overall performance is something that typically would need a few battery cycles and thus days.

4. Rhonindk, Sep 27, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2017

Rhonindk macrumors 68040

Rhonindk

sitting on a beach watching a DC simulation ...
    Don't assume that.
    Day two of the release of 11, at Apples suggestion, I did a setup as new and downloaded all my stuff.
    Literally hours before my update to 11.01 the freezes and app crashes are back but not at the original level.
    With the install of 11.01, I am getting more crash on launch incidents.:(
    These app crashes are not showing up in Analytics ...

Then again, you could be right :)

5. skadd thread starter macrumors regular

I'm sorry to hear that.
    I can scroll on forever in the analytics. There's so many crashes.

Apple should make it obligatory to share the analytics with them, at least for the first months after an major iOS release.

6. ck2875 macrumors 6502a

ck2875

Analytics include location data. Most people would have their pitchforks out if they forced you to share that.