Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2002
Ha ha haaa!
Pretty cool... it's almost a shame that black inner housing is there... it would look great if it covered the whole inside of the dome... or wasn't there at all. But it's half there and half not. A matter of taste, I guess. :p

Now a metal apple logo on that thing would look cool!

AmbitiousLemon

Moderator emeritus
Nov 28, 2001
down in Fraggle Rock
thats pretty cool. some weeks ago someone came by lookig for help to do this to a new ibook. i guess this person had seen some clear ibook floating around. anyone know what happened to this guy or how one would make an ibook clear?

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
Originally posted by AmbitiousLemon
thats pretty cool. some weeks ago someone came by lookig for help to do this to a new ibook. i guess this person had seen some clear ibook floating around. anyone know what happened to this guy or how one would make an ibook clear?

I think they were referring to a clear iBook that showed up in some pix from MW Tokyo...

AmbitiousLemon

Moderator emeritus
Nov 28, 2001
down in Fraggle Rock
Originally posted by Rower_CPU

I think they were referring to a clear iBook that showed up in some pix from MW Tokyo...

no im not referring to that. this was way before mwt. and i believe, though im not sure. that they ibook from mwt was just an ibook without its case and spread out under a clear plastic protective case like apple does to show off the inards of its computers.

there was a thread started here some time ago about someone who had seen (in person) some ibooks thatw ere clear. there were no pictures provided. but the person seemed to think that people had opened the ibook and scratched off the white color, but he wasnt sure or just wasnt very clear. anyone remember this?

[edit] o look at that arn posted while i was writing this. thanks arn. thats pretty cool. i wish we had pictures of the clear ibook. but that metalic ibook looks pretty neat. i ha dthought about moding my g3powerbook but its a lot more difficult. makes me want to get an ibook jst to mess with it.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Originally posted by AmbitiousLemon

[edit] o look at that arn posted while i was writing this. thanks arn. thats pretty cool. i wish we had pictures of the clear ibook. but that metalic ibook looks pretty neat. i ha dthought about moding my g3powerbook but its a lot more difficult. makes me want to get an ibook jst to mess with it.

ask... and ye shall receive....

http://www.kodawarisan.com/ug/iBook/clear/clear1.html

not very pretty imo.

Note... more links at the bottom of that page.

arn

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Originally posted by Hemingray
Well it looks like SOMEONE knows their mods... :D

naw... just skilled with the search engine...

arn

me hate windows

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2002
You can also do it with the graphite G4 towers and the new iMacs, haven't seen one of those yet, but someone on http://www.iPoding.com said they did, but there were no pictures of it, hey you could probably do it with the iPod too. Hmmm, should I dissect mine, or wait until the 90 warranty is gone.:confused: I think I will wait. but I will try it.

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
Speaking of mods.......

And I don't mean the ones that wear suits and trundle down to Brighton on their Vespa's....:p

Has anyone seriously considered having their Ti Book chromed??? Or even better has anyone actually had the NADS to get it done...??:D

Gelfin

macrumors 68020
Sep 18, 2001
Denver, CO
Re: Speaking of mods.......

Originally posted by iGAV
Or even better has anyone actually had the NADS to get it done...??:D

Hmm... That would just remove unwanted hair from your iBook, wouldn't it?

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
Americanism....Opps

Ha ha... as soon as i typed I thought "I bet NADS in American is something other than bo**ocks!!!" :D

I'll re-phrase in my finest English!!!

"Anyone got the boy balls to get their expensive Ti love slab chromed then have their love buffed and polished till shiney???:D "

Now I know what NADS are in America...... I can just imagine the ladies going into shops and asking for NADS please......:D :D :D :D

Mind you hair removal cream here in England is called immac........

http://www.homesolutionsnews.com/rbdocs/uk/immac/

now that is alittle too close for comfort........;)

krossfyter

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2002
secret city
cool.

Attachments

• ousidecorner.jpg
    ousidecorner.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 124

AmbitiousLemon

Moderator emeritus
Nov 28, 2001
down in Fraggle Rock
while checking out applefritter.com i found a link to a website that sells custom laptop keyboards. thought i would share...
http://www.digitalhipps.com/english/english01.htm

im thinking... still not sure... about getting the white keyboard and using Pactra Racing Paint to add white to the top side panels of my g3 powerbook. im thinking this way it might match my new iMac better, just be cool, and give me some more content for my website (i'll post pictures of the process and what not). still, im a little hesitant to dive in just yet. been thinking about it for awhile and all of this has kinda inspired me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.