ClearGuard Keyboard Protector -- isn't the fan under the keypad? Isn't this bad?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rawdawg, Jun 18, 2009.

1. rawdawg macrumors 6502

I was just looking into getting the ClearGuard Keyboard Protector here at Apple.com where it has high reviews. But then I remembered reading that in the Uni-bodies the fan in under the keypad.

Wouldn't this product effectively choke the exhaust fan? Why does it have so many high reviews if it prevents the machine from cooling?!

2. rawdawg thread starter macrumors 6502

I did some more searching.. There are many threads about Moshi's clearguard but didn't think it addresses ventilation. Turns out some reported it didn't do any harm so I went ahead and ordered it.

The real question is does this really protect it---- ie. is there really any wear and tear in the first place?

I ordered the palmguard too. This is my first laptop. Has people, especially unibodies, encountered staining from palms on the palmrest of on the keys to warrent these?

3. midgetsanchez macrumors regular

I'm interested as well. I thought the fans would intake air through the speaker grille?

Anyway, these things are amazing. They essentially make your keyboard spillproof to a degree, which might save your ass one day. Not to mention the protection against sticky ke-uh, nevermind :rolleyes: