Click to Flash, not downloading Youtube videos anymore

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by WareWolf, Apr 22, 2010.

1. WareWolf macrumors member

Heres the thing ive been using Click to Flash for a while now and have been downloading some videos from youtube as the program allows you to do on safari

But now i noticed that with the new Youtube Layout whenever i click to download a video a new video pops up with the click to flash player just playing the video.

I checked for updates my software is up to date i tried reinstalling it and still nothing.

Can anyone tell me if they are experiencing the same thing and how can i fix this?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

3. WareWolf thread starter macrumors member

That topic doesnt deal with the problem i have, im talking about click to flash not downloadingyoutube vids anymore

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You don't need ClickToFlash to do that. You can download YouTube videos in Safari by opening Window > Activity and locating the video (easy to spot by its size and by the fact that it shows xxx of xxxMB while it's downloading). When you locate it, just Option + double-click to download it.

5. Wheelie4 macrumors regular

Wheelie4

If you look between the "Save to" and "Share" button you'll see a download link that doesn't open the video in a new tab.

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Those buttons don't always appear, as the attached screen shot indicates, so that's an inconsistent method. The Activity window method works whether those buttons appear or not:
    Picture 3.jpg

7. WareWolf thread starter macrumors member

8. Wheelie4 macrumors regular

Wheelie4

Hmmmmm, shows for me on exact same video. Though like you said, it may randomly not show.

Warewolf, maybe you can use Mactubes

Attached Files:

9. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Post a link to a video where it doesn't work.

10. Fuzzy Logic macrumors newbie

Fuzzy Logic

youtube22

aint youtube 22 a safe way to download? as in adding 22 after youtube in the address bar?
    http://www.youtube22.com/

11. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

12. Grey Podder macrumors newbie

ClickToFlash workaround

I believe this is a known bug in ClickToFlash, likely because of the recent YouTube redesign. What I have been doing as a workaround is to copy the url when it opens the video in another tab, then paste that into your downloads window. If you know keyboard shortcuts, it is actually quite simple to do until the bug is fixed.

On the newly opened tab, press Command+L and then Command+C to copy the url, then open your downloads window (either Command+Option+L or Window>Downloads in the Menu Bar) and paste the url into the downloads window. The video should be saved as it normally would after that.