Clicking noise when switch to mute iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ttexxan, Sep 24, 2012.

1. ttexxan macrumors regular

Has anyone notice a small clicking noise when switching Iphone to vibrate. Not noticeable unless phone up to ear. However when talking on phone if I get a text message phone vibrates then I hear this small clicking noise. You can duplicate by holding phone up to ear switching to vibrate and after phone vibrates hear clicking sound.
    I know picky but just wondering if others noticed this.

2. dcorban macrumors 6502a

dcorban

It's probably the power button. If you shake or tap the phone, you will hear the sound.

3. ttexxan thread starter macrumors regular

I thought that but when holding button still occurs. I can duplicate real well if creating a new vibration tons. Almost like speaker poping

4. Rugby187 macrumors newbie

I too had this problem on my iPhone 4S and now on my brand new iPhone 5. I had taken 4S to Apple who offered a number of replacements all of which had the same issue. I have an appointment with a "genius" next week and will see what they say but don't expect any joy from Apple with regard to this issue. I have read on some forums that it is a part of the camera lens moving or rattling when the vibrate alert is on. It is definitely not the power or volume buttons either as I hold all of those in place and the noise still occurs. If you hold the phone to your ear and gently tap the area near camera lens, you will probably hear something moving inside it. I shall post again if I have any success.

5. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020