Clicking/popping noises during calls with iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jreale05, Oct 18, 2012.

1. jreale05 macrumors regular

Hi all,

I am having a lingering and annoying problem with my iPhone 5. It doesn't happen every time I place or receive a call, but very frequently, there are loud popping / crackling noises when I am trying to talk to people on my phone and it is impossible to deal with without calling one another back. Both I and the person I am on the line with can hear the noises, but when I call them back, the noises are gone. It is just annoying that I have to tell the person something is not working but if I call them back it will be fine. Anyone know what the issue is or how to fix this? Or is this something I need to go to the Apple store for? I don't live near one, so I hope that is a last resort

2. jreale05 thread starter macrumors regular

3. robanga macrumors 68000

robanga

Sounds like a carrier issue, not a faulty radio or audio system. If it were the latter, calling someone back would not likely make a difference.

Which carrier? i'd go into one of their stores and complain. Once in a while they are working on the network in a particular area and the call quality/data speeds etc temporarily degrade.

4. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

5. jreale05 thread starter macrumors regular

No

----------

I use sprint. This hasn't happened for the first week or two I had my phone. I changed cases, could that have anything to do with it - Maybe something antenna related??

6. robanga macrumors 68000

robanga

Sprint is working on their network a lot right now, depending on the area. It could be a case. Try a new one or go caseless for a cpl days to see that helps. Usually cases are made of materials that are pretty benign though.