Clinton aide Abedin said to be frustrated by private server

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by yaxomoxay, Jun 29, 2016.

1. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

http://thehill.com/policy/national-...bedin-said-to-be-frustrated-by-private-server

By Julian Hattem - 06/29/16 02:17 PM EDT

A longtime adviser to Hillary Clinton reportedly told lawyers for a conservative group this week that she had been frustrated by the former secretary of State’s exclusive use of a private email server.

On at least one occasion, Clinton’s email setup got in the way of her conducting government business, Huma Abedin said during a deposition about the arrangement on Tuesday, according to Bloomberg.

At times, the intermingling of personal messages with her official emails complicated Clinton's efforts as the nation’s top diplomat, two people in the room during the deposition told Bloomberg.
    Abedin told Clinton in a 2010 email that they should “talk about putting you on state email or releasing your email address to the department so you are not going to spam."

Clinton, now the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee, at the time dismissed the suggestion.

“Let’s get separate address or device but I don’t want any risk of the personal being accessible,” she wrote.

The messages, which were not included in the roughly 30,000 emails that Clinton gave to the State Department for safekeeping, have added to the headache for Clinton, whose presidential campaign has been struggling to shrug off concerns about the email system.

During her deposition on Tuesday, Abedin reportedly told lawyers with conservative watchdog Judicial Watch that by “the personal,” Clinton was referring to nonofficial email messages unrelated to her duties on the job.

Abedin sat for the interview on Tuesday as part of one of multiple Judicial Watch lawsuits accusing the State Department of thwarting federal transparency laws by failing to uncover all of Clinton’s messages as secretary.

Sources speaking to Bloomberg described her as being cooperative with the interview.
    --- Post Merged, Jun 29, 2016 ---

-----
    My comment:
    "On at least one occasion, Clinton’s email setup got in the way of her conducting government business"
    I am seriously surprised that Abedin said that, and that her lawyers allowed her to say it.

2. Robisan macrumors 6502

3. yaxomoxay thread starter macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

4. Robisan macrumors 6502

Lol! Yea, that's my point. smdh

5. yaxomoxay thread starter macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

So should we put all the threads on Macbooks together because it's the same subject? This is a very specific thing on a broader subject. However, if the mods want they can always merge the posts.