Clinton aide: Chances 'highly unlikely' but 'not zero' Hillary will run for president again

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by RootBeerMan, Oct 19, 2018.

1. RootBeerMan macrumors 65816

RootBeerMan

Dear Hillary, let's not play this game again. You're done. You had you shot and proved to be the worst candidate that the Democrats could run. Yeah, you won the popular vote, but the fact is a lot of people stayed home rather than vote for you. You ignored wide swaths of the country and abandoned them to Trump, and you paid a high price for it. So did your party and the rest of the country. So, please. Just put any thought of ever running for political office again out of your head. You've had your day. Go home and rest on your laurels. And take most of the Boomers in Congress that are screwing things up with you.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campai...ly-unlikely-but-not-zero-hillary-will-run-for

[​IMG]

2. chagla macrumors 6502a

chagla

i don't think she will run again for office. it's probably not a good idea. however i also do not agree with the assertion that she should completely disappear from public life. she is entitled to give lecture, do philanthropic work, write books or whatever.

3. Herdfan, Oct 19, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2018

Herdfan macrumors 6502

The NYT Editorial Board with would disagree with that.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ne...es-she-is-politically-radioactive-experts-say

Yes I know, FoxNews, but the original article will be on the NYT site. I just don't want to give them the clicks.

-----------------------------------------------

I think she has it ingrained in her DNA that she is supposed to be President. It might seriously be hard for her to sit on the sidelines. Not sure she can get the nomination if the DNC keeps its fingers off the scale.

4. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Here's the NYT piece:

The Fox News piece is a great example of why their journalism is so worthless.

They had three reporters work on a story focused on a NYT opinion piece, with quotes from two conservatives.

It's a waste of everyone's time.

5. darksithpro macrumors 6502a

I bet if the NYT, WAPO, or some others really wanted her to go away, they'd just release some bread crumbs on her in an embarrassing way, so she'd go back into hiding.

6. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

That's not how journalism works.

7. darksithpro macrumors 6502a

Seems to be the case with Trump. I guess it's not how it works when it comes to political party.

8. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Right. It's not that Trump's criminality is difficult to get at because of his willful attempts to obfuscate and obstruct, but because the Times is trying to slowly embarrass him.

That's not how journalism works.

9. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I for one hope Hillary keeps on talking. The more she keeps saying stupid things like the “civility” comment or how Bill’s “relationship” with Monica wasn’t an abuse of power the more energized the Republicans become.

10. spacemnspiff macrumors 6502a

spacemnspiff

11. raqball macrumors 68000

Also why they are a laughing stock these days and have a lower approval rating than the person they loathe... Meh, journalism is not what it use to me.. Now it's publish whatever to get clicks....

But on topic, I really hope she runs again as it would be fantastically entertaining....

12. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

While I disagree that she was the worst candidate Dems could have nominated, I do not think she should run again. She did have her chance - twice - and lost. That said, I'm not sure I believe this.

One thing I vehemently disagree with is that she should "go away". She is a former First Lady, a former senator, secretary of state, has been in politics a long time - and contrary to conservatives who love to bring her up all the time when liberals don't even have her on their mind - its never a wasted opportunity to note more Americans went to the polls and wanted her in the Oval Office than did Trump. He won, but under extraordinary circumstances, so to say she shouldn't even have a voice in the Democratic Party to me, is wrong. She is also the first female Presidential nominee in history, not a small feat. If ever she should have a voice, it is now.

I also like the fact that people always bring up their (the Clintons) past social-conservative views from 20, 25 years ago as if its some sort of condemnation. Isn't that what liberalism is? Isn't that what being a progressive is? To adapt, reassess, take another look at things from time to time? To listen?

Democrats right now need a candidate who is younger, has a clear message, and will not try to be civil with Trump like Hillary was. I'm not saying go to his level, but don't be afraid to use his vast, yuuuge amount of moronic moments, comments and decisions against him. Call him on his B.S., and state why they are smarter, better and less morally corrupt than him.