Clinton and Trump are not equally bad candidates

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Sep 22, 2016.

1. samcraig macrumors P6

A great read.

The Folly of the Protest Vote
    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/22/opinion/the-folly-of-the-protest-vote.html

"Clinton and Trump are not equally bad candidates. One is a conventional politician who has a long record of public service full of pros and cons. The other is a demagogic bigot with a puddle-deep understanding of national and international issues, who openly courts white nationalism, is hostile to women, Mexicans and Muslims, and is callously using black people as pawns . . ."

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I think so too.

3. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

well of course you think that cause guns. Plus you have a weird stalker thing going on with Clinton. though why you would like someone that would toss you out of the us is hard to understand.

4. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Shocked. Just shocked.

Trump is dangerous. Can't wait for the debates.

5. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

In response to the article:

Which religion is the congress to find before passing Garland? Christianity isn't why they pass a lot of the stuff they do pass, or block what is blocked.

Yes, we know - nobody is denying Trump or Clinton will win.

Have the candidates declared which people they would nominate for judges since that is obviously an issue? If so, will they change their minds down the road? Either for just reasons or to play "bait and switch"? But as Trump himself said he was tired of getting taken advantage of a few months ago... but he's said lots of things, don't all candidates?

And how much can any president do? Even the Atlantic and other MSM news outlets discussed that after 2008. A lot of it deals with congress and today's public gets orgasmic over maintaining gridlock, so why even bicker?

6. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

GUNS have NOTHING to do with her being worse, but I don't expect you or other MOST other liberals to understand.

7. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

Much, much worse.
    Did you see the latest emails from the Homeland Security urging its workers to work overtime so they can approve as many citizenship applications as they can because of the election? They know that most naturalized citizens will probably vote for the queen.
    Same tactics that slick Willy used when he was running for president.
    The Clintons are rotten to the core.

8. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

right cause us liberals are too dumb to understand.

9. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

you seem butthurt about immigrants

10. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

??????
    Again opening your mouth without knowing the people you interact with
    I immigrated to the US myself in 1998. It's the thrid world country tactics that the Clintons use that I have a big problem with. I left the old country to escape these kinds of things.
    As an American, you should not be ok with government agencies taking sides and trying to influence an election.

11. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

wow an immigrant who hates on other immigrants. i've seen it all now.

and lol at telling me what to do as an "american"

12. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

[​IMG]

13. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

do you use memes instead to respond to all arguments? and they call millennials stupid

14. FrankieTDouglas macrumors 65816

You're right, they're not equally bad. Clinton is far worse. At the onset of this presidential season, I was open to crossing conventional voting patterns. They only two candidates off the table based upon their histories were Clinton and Cruz. At no point has Clinton done anything to make me feel like I made an error in my initial judgement.

15. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

At no time did I ever consider Trump a viable candidate. Still don't.

16. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

So first I hear that the process takes too long and that is one of the beef with illegal immigration because people feel like they are cutting in line. Now I hear complaints when the wait time is reduced.

There truly is no pleasing some people.

17. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

I have been saying that all along but as far as the worse candidate, it depends on your point of view. To me, Hillary is much worse. To others, Trump is worse.

That's why we have elections.

18. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

The process takes a certain amount of time and it's the same for everyone. Usually 9-12 months after you have had a green card for 5 years. You can apply after 3 years if you came to the US by the means of marriage.

You don't see it as a problem to require the immigration workers to speed up the process because one of the parties?

19. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

When the next President (Trump) might slow down that process? No. No I don't. Plus if the shoe was on the other foot, the other party would be doing the exact same thing. So to me this is a big ol' meh.

But the question must be asked.....if you think most of these new immigrants are going to vote for a particular party, why would that be? Must mean that other party or candidate hasn't invested enough time in that community. That's their fault.

20. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

Misinformed of course :D

21. tshrimp macrumors 6502

tshrimp

Tactics of the democrats..... Keep saying the same garbage over and over again and someone may believe it. Every presidential election those same remarks are made toward the republican candidate. It keeps them from having to talk about real issues at least.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 22, 2016 ---
    Where does this person even elude to that?

22. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Pretty hypocritical since Trump believes that if he repeats his lies at least three times they become true.

23. tshrimp macrumors 6502

tshrimp

Funny you say this. You do know he is running against Hillary Clinton...the queen of this tactic.

24. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

More hypocrisy.