Clinton between two ferns

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by oneMadRssn, Sep 22, 2016.

1. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

She comes off pretty personable in the video.

3. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

If Obama is weak then the Republicans were stronger as a result. Did Obama look weak during election 2008?

4. oneMadRssn thread starter macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

No, see it's funny because we thought he was going to say Obama likes his coffee black. Because Obama is black. So coffee like himself would be black. Instead, he went with the unexpected but GOP trope of Obama is weak. Coffee can also be weak? Get it?

</s>

5. twietee macrumors 603

twietee

Hmm.. I wonder what she meant when she said "I couldn't hear or see very well." * when she was at Trump's wedding.

Would be a brave move by the Americans to vote for a blind and deaf aaand female president. Such confidence would send a frigthening message to all those wanting ill to the US. Would leave them probably speechless (to the advantage of your president).

* Probably a good thread on its own. Pluto, your call.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 22, 2016 ---
    Agreed. She generally seems to appear way over the top to me so that was quite surprising in a pleasant way. That ductape on her jacket was funny.

6. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Probably good practice for her debate with Trump.

I couldn't help but compare the BTF interview with Obama with Hillary Clinton's performance. Clinton didn't come off badly, in any way. But she didn't push back with quite the same zing as Obama did; for instance gently mocking Galifanakis over letting Bradley Cooper carry the Hangover movies.

Throughout his Presidency, one of the most impressive characteristics of Barack Obama is the (seemingly) effortless charm and humor with which he handled the more ridiculous and outlandish accusations and barbs. He managed to carry off the very fine balancing act - not ignoring the quesrion, but using humor and a smile put it in its proper perspective.

Hillary Clinton's smile and eye-roll when Zach asked her about using e-mail to get in touch with her wasn't bad. But Barack Obama would have done better.

And maybe that's the biggest problem Hillary Clinton has right now. Barack Obama set such a high standard for calm coolness that we are almost inevitably going to compare Hillary unfavorably in comparison. Clinton shouldn't try to match Obama on that score, and instead find her own way of charming - and reassuring - the American people.

7. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

...But for a younger younger generation you will also become their first white president and that's pretty neat too.

8. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Yeah. And even, like.... an adult! I think she had more fun at Jimmy Kimmel's, but here she showed how she will be when for the sake of protocol she has to sit down and chat with people like, oh i dunno, maybe Rodrigo Duterte.

9. twietee macrumors 603

twietee

While I liked it I have to admit (same with the vid about the Trump supporters saying outlandish non-reality based stuff) that the format lacks for me too much to fully embrace it. It's heavily cut so I never really have the impression of a genuine dialogue but rather two heavily scripted monologues. And that's a pity because I don't think that'd be necessary and that it'd be even more funny in real-time.

General observation though.

10. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

the outtakes would probably be priceless. SNL could invent some, I'd like to see that sometime.

11. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I hope this was all pre-rehearsed and not just how she is.

12. MacAndMic macrumors 6502

Not a Hillary fan but I enjoyed it and like when a serious person can be humbled and go along with it. Good for her.