Clinton charity gave $2M to company owned by Bill’s ‘friend’

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by aaronvan, May 13, 2016.

1. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Bill Clinton’s foundation doled out $2 million to a power company partly owned by a wealthy blond divorcée — who some say is the frequent visitor to his home nicknamed “Energizer.” The fit, blond mother of three, who lives just minutes from Bill and Hillary Clinton’s home in Chappaqua, Westchester, is the daughter of Joel Tauber, a millionaire donor to the Democratic Party.

2. Praxis91 macrumors regular

Praxis91

Another President Slick Willy rape victim, or was it consensual this time and he's just showing his appreciation?

3. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

4. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

5. Khalanad75 macrumors 6502

Khalanad75

IF he is screwing her, what honestly does it matter to anyone else? Perhaps the Clinton's have an open relationship.

I never got that about the whole BJ in the White House scandal that is always brought up. If there is any man who needs stress relief in the form of a release, it the POTUS.

6. Praxis91 macrumors regular

Praxis91

He wasn't impeached for a BJ, but for lying under oath. He was then disbarred.

7. jerwin macrumors 65816

In the old days, journalists knew how to write ledes.

8. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

To be fair I would hump a baseball glove before Hillary. I think Chelsea was the one time shot at making things look normal between them.

9. SusanK macrumors 68000

Yes. That pesky perjury thing when he lied about sexually harassing Paula Jones.

10. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

He sexually harassed Paula Jones, then committed perjury to keep her from having a fair day in court. And the Democratic party sold its soul to keep Clinton from paying the price.

11. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

See, it's only wrong when Democrats do it.

12. jerwin macrumors 65816

And what did the cgf buy with that two million?

13. SHNXX macrumors 68000

As much as everyone likes to hate on Bill Clinton (I'm assuming for rape allegations?), he seems rather nice and charming compared to Hillary.

14. jerwin macrumors 65816

Might I suggest you adopt a more cynical worldview? It may help you understand politics.

15. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

This OP is weird. The link is to the Wall Street Journal, but you seem to have cribbed some information from the NY Post—which relies on RadarOnline (?!) for the nickname.

And, it's important to note why the Clinton Foundation gave the money.

As the WSJ writes:

Now, it is a bit sketchy that the Clinton foundation gave money to a private company and helped get it grants from the Energy Dept. and one-third of that company is owned by Bill Clinton's neighbor? Yes.

16. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

So how do you think this would play in the press if Trumps wife was boinking the neighbor?
    --- Post Merged, May 14, 2016 ---
    LOL

17. vrDrew, May 14, 2016
    Last edited: May 14, 2016

vrDrew macrumors 65816

Energy Pioneer Solutions is not a "power company."

They work with utilities, homeowners, and businesses to reduce energy usage via insulation, scheduling software, etc. There are many, many other for-profit companies working to reduce fossil fuel usage, and combat climate change. And for funding they rely on a variety of private and public sources, including grants from both Governmental agencies as well as private foundations such as the Clinton Global Initiative.

Just about every large charitable foundation works with for-profit organizations as part of their work. I would refer you to the Gates Foundation statement:

Do you think the computers in the Gates Foundation offices run Windows, by ay chance? Was it a criminal conflict of interest for the Gates Foundation to pay money to buy software from a company in which the Founders have a financial interest?

18. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

I'm sure you have your thoughts.