Clinton Emails Reveal Direct US Sabotage of Venezuela

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Aug 11, 2017.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

http://www.telesurtv.net/english/ne...t-US-Sabotage-of-Venezuela-20160726-0041.html
    that is who most there voted for............
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mark-weisbrot/hillary-clinton-and-a-ven_b_8722598.html

2. jerwin, Aug 12, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2017

jerwin macrumors 65816

Have you ever hear of the Nolan Test?

It divides up one's political outlet into two major axes-- Personal freedom and economic freedom. It's a recruitment tool fo the libertarian party, designed to prove the existence, and continued viability of a community of people who would agree with the sentiment

"How dare the government send jack-booted thugs to regulate how I choose to fertilize my opium poppies!"

Intellectually, the Nolan Test appeals to the sort of person who wonders "Is this all there is? Is there no room for the pro-life liberal, or the pro-choice conservative? Remember when we could politely disagree on the gold vs silver standard, or on the morality of keeping slaves; yet still remain within the same political party?" And yet, the politics of the average voter seems rather unidimensional.

But what if we incorporated a new element--- the foreign government! The government of Syldavia doesn't really care all that much about whether Borduria is controlled by the "left" or the "right". What it cares about, mostly, is whether

a) Borduria is planning to invade.
    b) possibly whether Borduria is interested in buying more mineral water.

Screen Shot 29.png

and yet, most Bodurians would not choose to reimagine their entire political universe around that fringe issue.

The United States has certain interests in Venezuela. From the perspective of some of those interests, one can confidently declare that "Chavez and Maduro are both equally horrible." From the perspective of other interests, one can argue that Chavez is (or was) a threat in some ways, and Maduro was a threat in other ways. From the perspective of the United States, there exists some happy medium, which, unfortunately has no political following, at this point.

“All happy families are alike; each unhappy family is unhappy in its own way.”

3. localoid, Aug 12, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2017

localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

Well, what-a you know... So Hillary killed again... Damn, she's a really good assassin... and a master of disguise.

4. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Here is Hillary Clinton in action as SecState:

What a monster! She actually had the nerve to ask a State Department official about press freedom in another country. And to follow it up, she recklessly and irresponsibly repeated a somewhat timeworn cliche about icebergs.

5. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

He was feeling all hurt upon because trump has been such a ass lately. so he had to dig something about hillary up.

6. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Sounds to me like SOP in backroom government affairs that have been around since Jefferson.

7. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Lock her up

8. localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

Dude, you know a criminal mastermind/007 secret agent licensed to kill/femme fatale like Hillary would escape in no time and end up walking out of the place wearing the skin of some poor unsuspecting guard.

9. jerwin macrumors 65816

10. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

His Hillary wound saturates his bandages once a week and leaks into the forums.

11. juanm macrumors 65816

juanm

Yes. She's so evil that now she has cast a spell on poor innocent Donnie to force him to say things he doesn't want to say.
    Source:
    Wikileaks emails reveal that when Trump does something bad it's actually Hillary doing it.

12. jerwin macrumors 65816

Oh boy...

Interesting choice of words. It's almost as if he's never worked on a farm before.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/08/12/maduro-son-threatens-white-house-guns-intervention-241573

13. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Uh, I strongly suspect it was either a poor translation or simply one of the oddities of the English language that led to that.

Nicolás Maduro Guerra probably used the Spanish word Ensuciar which translates, as a verb, meaning to "soil or dirty, to deface or defile" something. The Spanish word for the noun form of soil, as in earth or top soil, is completely different: tierra. A "dirt road" is camino de tierra.

14. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Meh. I'd rather we avoid unnecessary meddling in foreign countries, but if we do, I'd rather have Hillary do it. All this story does is make her look canny -- the total opposite of Mr. Loose Cannon, who just might get South Korea, Guam or Los Angeles nuked.

15. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

LA is not in any risk right now.
    Guam is a very low risk.
    South Korea is low risk.

If we get a favorable tailwind we might be able to put Portland on the list.

16. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Who cares if we lose L.A?

17. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

I'll see your LA with Portland, and raise you Marin County!

18. juanm macrumors 65816

juanm

I never thought I'd see someone asking for a genocide.

19. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Well obama won te-election and he was wiping out plenty in the ME so "asking/voting" for it basically ...

Do you have a sarcasm meter?

20. jerwin macrumors 65816

From the bulletin of the Atomic Scientists.

21. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

Yeah of course I was.

Sarcasm probes fault lines of sensitive topics.

22. juanm macrumors 65816

juanm

It's a reference to the other thread.

23. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

So sorry. Please link it.

24. jerwin macrumors 65816

I suppose I've spent too much time spent worrying about the neonazis in Charlottesville ("Blut und Boden").

The actual quote, which I'll leave for the Spanish speakers to parse, was:

"Solucione sus problemas senor Trump (...) si se diera el supuesto legado de mancillar el suelo patrio, los fusiles llegarian a Nueva York senor Trump, llegariamos y tomariamos la Casa Blanca", expreso este sabado 12 de agosto, durante la quinta sesion de la ANC, el constituyentista, Nicolas Maduro Guerra.

"Yo hago un llamado a la ponderacion, hago un llamado a los jovenes, a las mujeres, a la oposicion, vamos a uniros en esta agresion grosera, porque el ultimo imperio que oso profanar el sagrado suelo suramericano, y fuimos los venezolanos los que los expulsamos de esta sagrada tierra indigena". enfatizo Guerra.

25. vrDrew macrumors 65816

The key phrase he uses here is:

"profanar el sagrado suelo suramericano"

Which I would translate as "desecrate the sacred South American soil". The verb being "profanar" - meaning desecrate or defile; and "suelo" being used as the noun for soil. I suspect Maduro Guerra used the word "suelo" more for its alliterative effects, rather than strict dictionary definitions.