Clinton Foundation begins layoffs

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by yaxomoxay, Sep 21, 2016.

1. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Probably outsourced them to Saudi Arabia.

2. citizenzen macrumors 65816

You've provided a pretty sketchy, negative spin on the planning and preparation underway at the foundation in anticipation of HRC winning the election. Donna Shalala is in charge of the operation and has mapped out a number of contingencies.
    And from your source ...
    So it appears those at the Clinton Foundation are taking the necessary steps to transition if she wins the election. I'm afraid that your thread title doesn't adequately reflect the necessity and preparation behind all of the planning.

3. yaxomoxay thread starter macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

There is no spin.
    The Hill titles: "Clinton Foundation to drop dozens of employees"

I wrote that that "CF Begins layoffs", which is a true statement. Actually layoff is much better than 'drop', as 'drop' implies that there is no severance package etc (which is a complaint in the article), while layoffs means that it is a planned and organized transition.

4. nfl46 macrumors 603

I probably should shut up...but...let me state the obvious.

They're beginning the transition for when she becomes President. Let's just say: people are "confident" she will win. :)

5. Bug-Creator macrumors 6502

Bug-Creator

Sure there is spin, you've just downgraded from totally false to midly misleading.

6. thewap macrumors demi-god

thewap

They should consider themselves lucky to be "laid off", rather than bumped off..:cool: