Clinton Foundation causing problems at FBI

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Zombie Acorn, Nov 2, 2016.

1. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

2. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

3. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

4. MacAndMic macrumors 6502

This one is going to blow up loud and quick. I get that people hate Trump, there are others to vote for or you can even write someone in but how anyone can vote for her or to continue the corruption is just insane. She has and will continue to negatively affect our country just to line her pockets.

5. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

But Trump has done the very exact same thing. Why do you have a beef with one and not the other? If there is corruption in the Clinton foundation it should be dealt with and people should be charged. But the same goes for Trump and his foundation too.

6. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

That's pretty much the truth of it. Hillary has used her foundation to forward advantages to her political friends, and has spread money about to get her way. Trump has used his foundation to pay off his legal fees, and has spread money around to stop state governments from investigating his business practices.

How is one better than the other? Well, Trump hasn't managed to gain quite as lofty a position as Hillary has yet, but all evidence points towards the fact he's just as self serving and corrupt, and will probably be just as bad in the big seat. We're all willing to overlook the OBVIOUS flaws of our favored candidate while turning around and damning the other for doing about the same thing.

In the end, all we're doing here is arguing about who's **** smells better. No matter who may win that argument, it's still **** we're arguing about. I'm not going to be slathering the better smelling example under my armpits, claiming I smell great to anyone who blanches at my stank.

7. MacAndMic macrumors 6502

I don't think my post gives any weight to Trump. If Trump is corrupt, he deserves prosecution as well but there is a BIG difference between them, he is private, she took her public service position we trusted her with and used it for personal gain. And not only was it personal gain, her influence may have helped corrupt other people in our government.

If you are referring to me being personally pro Trump, I think I've done that one to death and does not need to be discussed in this thread.

8. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

FBI is presently warring against Team Hillary, so this is believable.

FBI Sources Believe Clinton Foundation Case Moving Towards "Likely an Indictment”

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...ctment_likely_in_clinton_foundation_case.html

Fox News Channel's Bret Baier reports the latest news about the Clinton Foundation investigation from two sources inside the FBI. He reveals five important new pieces of information in these two short clips:

1. The Clinton Foundation investigation is far more expansive than anybody has reported so far and has been going on for more than a year.

2. The laptops of Clinton aides Cherryl Mills and Heather Samuelson have not been destroyed, and agents are currently combing through them. The investigation has interviewed several people twice, and plans to interview some for a third time.

3. Agents have found emails believed to have originated on Hillary Clinton's secret server on Anthony Weiner's laptop. They say the emails are not duplicates and could potentially be classified in nature.

4. Sources within the FBI have told him that an indictment is "likely" in the case of pay-for-play at the Clinton Foundation, "barring some obstruction in some way" from the Justice Department.

5. FBI sources say with 99% accuracy that Hillary Clinton's server has been hacked by at least five foreign intelligence agencies, and that information had been taken from it.​

9. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

No, he did the exact same thing, with the only difference being that Trump did his deed as a private individual, while Hillary was in a public position.

If you take money from your own public charity to use for your own gain, if you use your private money to stall or derail a public case, that distinction doesn't really matter now, does it?

10. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

Fine for me. Put him in front of the death squad. I voted for him, I didn't pledge any allegiance to him or any other human other than my wife.

11. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

Then you haven't seen more than one.

12. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Death squad? Even I am not calling for that! :D

13. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

His life, not mine ;)

14. MacAndMic macrumors 6502

Absolutely that matters but there is a big difference between a private citizen and a public servant, you are talking about something that ruins the core of our nation, our government from within.

Once again, if he did something illegal, prosecute him. IANAL but good luck trying to prove it from a prosecutorial point of view. Anyone with his worth, the top 1%ers if you will, all look shady in some fashion as money is placed here and there, they get onto boards, get stock options, get perks, get to interact with politicians and so on. From an accountant's point of view, it is just manipulating the tax code within the confines of the law. Once again, IANAL but I would think that if he broke laws like many say he did, a DA would have prosecuted him already.

15. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

This completely contradicts what Comey said. He said there was no evidence of anything being hacked. What's changed?

16. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I am not sure all the things were known about. Not to mention it's quite possible he paid DA's off to look the other way on some things. Unfortunately some of the DA's are corrupt too. It takes the glare of the spotlight of a presidential campaign for some of this stuff to shake out. And newspapers willing to devote time and budget to looking into it. Again something that often only comes with the glare of a big event like a presidential campaign.

17. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

I have no way to verify this tweet’s veracity, but dude says he has a source in NYPD that told him:

Whether or not that tweet turns out to be true, with what’s been reported tonight on Fox News and now Real Clear Politics, it is highly likely that Team Hillary—and Hillary Clinton herself—are about to be neutralized.

HillaryForPrison .jpg

18. MacAndMic macrumors 6502

Agreed, I just hope that if charges are coming, they get the DA's as well. As a Trump supporter, I've obviously looked past many things but I have no tolerance whatsoever, nor should anyone else, when it comes to impropriety in our public servants.

19. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

After being "Berned" yesterday, one would think you would refrain from random unverified sources on Twitter. Guess lesson not learned.

20. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

He's smarter than us.
    WAS HER SERVER HACKED?
    I DON'T KNOW. I CAN'T -- CAN'T PROVE THAT IT WAS HACKED.

And in his statement:

With respect to potential computer intrusion by hostile actors, we did not find direct evidence that Secretary Clinton’s personal e-mail domain, in its various configurations since 2009, was successfully hacked. But, given the nature of the system and of the actors potentially involved, we assess that we would be unlikely to see such direct evidence.

"Direct" being the key.

21. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I agree. I still think Pam Bondi in Florida is corrupt. Maybe Gregg Abbot in Texas as well. At least Trump U was run out of that state though. Better than nothing I guess.

22. Solomani macrumors 68030

Solomani

Let's throw HRC in prison for Foundation crimes, and throw Trump in prison for Trump University scandal crimes.

Then let's just all settle for a rock-stupid President that doesn't know what Aleppo is. He may be rock-stupid, but at least not smart enough to know how to be corrupt.

23. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

If the server was hacked by five different state actors and he knew about it, he had a duty to inform both congress and the American people over the summer when he testified. Period. End of story.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 2, 2016 ---
    I rather have Evan McMullin.

24. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

I wouldn't go that far. While it was obvious Hillary used her position both as a head of the Clinton Foundation, and Secretary of State to scratch a few friend's backs, the money still went where it was supposed to go...

...allegedly.

That is actually one slight advantage she has over Trump in this issue, since he used his charity funds on other things entirely.

25. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

Not if at the moment of the statement he has no definitive proof. If you listened to the whole testimony he never alleged anything and he refused multiple times to answer to even the lightest of all hypotheticals.